Is it proper to do an introduction thread on these forums?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alondite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 17, 2014
US
Hi, I'm Alondite. I'm 24 and am a DirecTV employee and I have been, at different stages in my career, a field technician as well as a CSR. I'm no longer on the phones but I'm still in the building.I recently discovered this website and thought that, maybe I could do some good (or learn a few things, even) by hovering around and seeing what questions / answers pop up. If you're wondering what my username means, it's the name of Lancelot's sword in Arturian legend. Always been fond of it, as it's a symbol of justice, righteousness and strength. For my hobbies, I love video games, be they PC or console. I'm particularly fond of Dark Souls II and League of Legends at the moment. Being a southern guy, I also love playing and watching sports. Ever since my knee injury in college, I can't run as fast and so football is a little tougher on me, but I love playing baseball when summer rolls around. And of course, I watch a lot of shows on my DirecTV, like Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire.So how's everyone?

I'm sure you can be helpful Alondite. Having people on the inside is always good!

Welcome to the site Alondite!!!

For someone your age, You'll have a lot to learn being on this forum, apart from what you were trained to do, Since there's a lot of expertise here about technical,equipment etc, Not that you don't have experience in all this, But you'll learn a lot more here than what you were told in training.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I'll have been a tech for 9yrs this coming july. I can honestly say I have learned more here than in the field over the same amount of time. This site is a fantastic resource to us all.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

For someone your age, You'll have a lot to learn being on this forum, apart from what you were trained to do, Since there's a lot of expertise here about technical,equipment etc, Not that you don't have experience in all this, But you'll learn a lot more here than what you were told in training. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Yeah, it's pretty apparent there are members here who know more about it than the people who trained me originally lol. I think part of it comes from the ability to tinker and experiment with your own equipment and having the ability to learn more, whereas as part of the company its "Do X, then Y, then Z. Never look at A or B, it's no concern of yours."

Yeah, it's pretty apparent there are members here who know more about it than the people who trained me originally lol. I think part of it comes from the ability to tinker and experiment with your own equipment and having the ability to learn more, whereas as part of the company its "Do X, then Y, then Z. Never look at A or B, it's no concern of yours."

Exactly!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)