is it the motor or the receiver?

skyscanner4ever

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Beaumont,Texas
I just started using my geosatpro microhd receiver and I have to say it is by far the best I have ever seen! I do notice something though and I dont know if it is the motor or receiver and if there is a way to correct it.

I am using the diseqc 1.2 motor settings and have all sats from 72 to 127 programmed in, i notice when i go out to 72, which is only 21 deg east of my south sat, that the dish doesnt go all the way back to my other sats alot of times, not every time. I normally and getting high 70's on the tps on 99, well when I go out to amc 6 and then back to 99 alot of time i am maybe getting 40 pct and have to bump the dish a bit to fine tune 99 again then save. i dont mind doing it, I just dont know if maybe the motor is struggling with the dish or if the micro hd has any issues with motors. I am using a dg280 with a 1.2 meter dish. it seems to only mess up a bit when i go at least 20 deg out from my due south sat.

could a little wd-40 help?

WD-40 is good for a solvent. It's also good for short term lubrication of light duty mechanisms, like when they are being taken apart. Did I mention it's a good solvent?

yeah I got it tracking right now, the dish was a little lose so i tightened it up a bit to the motor shaft and she is going from 72 to 125 and stopping dead on to all the sats.

There are two places that need to be verified tight... The dish itself on the motor tube, and the motor tube on the actual motor shaft. After a check is made on both of those points, then its time to adjust for backlash.

Glad you got it working, Skyscanner4ever!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts