This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Is it too late to cancel?

I called they were nice enough but gave 2 options_ upgrade to a hopper 3 for $150 or Super Joey I assume that was free but I didn't ask. The Super Joey would give me 2 more tuners but I'm not a fan of the extra wires.

But, $150 is the list price for lease of a H3.

I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you thinking that's fair or I should be able to do better? The rep told me the normal price was $300.

I assume that was free but I didn't ask.
Never assume that. I made that mistake last month. Just because they don't mention a price for the upgrade doesn't mean that it is free. Unfortunately, unless you ask, you would not find out about the cost until after it is already installed, and then it is too late to avoid the fee. Dish should be required to be upfront with the cost of anything that will increase the subscriber's bill, even if it is a one-time charge.

I've noticed a huge difference with competency and what they will and won't do.
You may have better luck if you start by calling the Loyalty Department phone number that is so frequently posted here: 1-888-496-1260

These are competent agents here in the United States, who should be able to take care of you, or get you forwarded to the proper department who actually can take care of you.

Are you thinking that's fair or I should be able to do better?
Call the Loyalty number above, and you should be able to do better.

WooHoo!!

Thanks Crodrules I called again and they were kind enough to upgrade me, they will be here to install tomorrow for no additional charge.

That’s what I paid in October of’16 plus $50 for a wireless Joey. Well worth it. I upgraded from an original 722.
$200? To own or to lease? I upgraded from one owned 722 and 2 leased 612's to 1 H3 and 2 J3's (all leased) for free.

Reactions: charlesrshell