Is it true that HD locals are available in Denver?

glubfish said:
All of the Denver locals are now on 129, I'm told. They used to be split up with half on 110 and the other half on 148. Now they're all on 129. You can now get your HD and your locals on 129. I must say, that after I had the install yesterday, and looked at the picture quality of 129, I will be pointing my dish back to 61.5 for better HD and just using the OTA like I did before. It would be interesting to see what you think of the picture quality difference after your installation.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Yes, I see the 148 locals on the 129 transponder charts. I'm really surprised. It looks like E-10 should have plenty of bandwidth to support these channels, and putting them on a Conus beam on 129 seems like a waste.

Also, now everyone in Denver (who asks for it?), will have to be upgraded to a Dish 1000 at no charge (when does Must Carry kick in?).

glubfish: What do you mean by better picture quality on 61.5? Are you talking about compression type issues or signal strength/drop-out issues?

You're using a single dish to get 129 (not a Dish 1000)? If it's a Dish 500 did you get an I-Adapter? This will buy you some extra signal strength due to optimum positioning of the LNB.

I-Adapter:
http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?products_id=258

FYI-If you're swithching from 61.5 to 129, be sure the tech resets the 211 format back to 1080i. ( Go into HDTV set-up) I had been thinking that I really had a poor picture after switching, so I went through the box and it had set itself back to 480after the re-pointing of my dish. Much better picture now....of course...still not as good as 61.5, but much better than it was....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts