Is it worth the cost?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Richo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
Simple question. I have been thinking of getting a new receiver. Is it worth upgrading to a HD box if I only do KU on an 90cm dish. Don't want to spend the money if there is not much gain. The dish is motorized.

Rich

It depends on what you are looking for on KU Band. If you like looking for feeds it "might" be worth it. Other wise as far as regular programming I have only seen the Fashion Channel on HD so far. If it was me I would say no.

I do enjoy hunting feeds. But if it's only the Fashion Ch. then I am better off not spending the money. I guess I will have to go make an offer on a BUD down the street. Thanks for your answer, it helps.

Richo,

I have a Sathawk, reciever that will DX's all amost of, MPEG-2 and 4 and 8QPSK-1 and DV BVB-S2 Video formats.

There is tons of feeds, in HD for HD news feed;s and sport's feeds, you just have your bilnd scans do the work.:)

Have fun with TV DXing!:hungry:

Don't forget about the PBS-HD feeds on 125W. There's not a ton of 24-7 HD on Ku, but there is some. There are plenty of occasional HD feeds.

Good point Tron, we must also consider the AC3 audio, not all stbs do AC3. And I think we should consider the future of FTA networks that will eventually go HD, SD will soon fade out like old 8 track tapes.

Okay, then it seems that it would add to my entertainment. And I am looking at the Sathawk or a Pansat 9000hd. But the Sathawk $$ is easier to sell to my wife, who don't understand my hobby. But she didn't understand ham radio either. Okay, I guess I can always add a bigger dish later and play on C-band if need be. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)