Is KU FTA circling the drain?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Talking 'bout the good old days, one of my favs was the ability to watch commercial free, ANY game in the country during March Madness on the CBS KU feeds. Mid 1990's.

And what was that music vid channel on 123W? Lots of 80s repeats, and 2nd-gen VCR quality on most of it, but still pretty cool.

And before Retrojams, there was the best (IMO) music video channel EVER...

The Tube!

Which, by the way, had better picture quality than Retrojams...

And before Retrojams, there was the best (IMO) music video channel EVER...

The Tube!

Which, by the way, had better picture quality than Retrojams...

I have read you guys talking about that one here on the forum, that was before my FTA career started, would have liked to seen that one.

the masses require entertainment.. the minds must remain blank and happy during and after the broadcast.. :D

I just want to take this opportunity to say that it is a sad, sad world when people are more consumed with the spoiled, ultra rich KarTRASHians than things that really matter in the world. Personally, that whole family makes me ill. They are part of the 1%...

I think the thing that will save both Ku and C band FTA is South America. Chances are low that these nations will install fiber continent wide. However, if you look at the globe, you see that most of South America is east of most of North America. In fact, Santiago, Chile - on the Pacific side of South America- is actually at a more eastern longitude than New York City. Lima, Peru, another Pacific side city, aligns with eastern Pennsylvania.

I think this means that satellites will still need to be launched to provide service to South America, and these are certain to sell their surplus transponders to someone - like an English language broadcaster. But with the eastern geography of South America, my thinking is that both C and Ku will survive better on the US east coast. Out here in the West, I see a long decline in satellite options.

Fiber optics. It's so damn cheap. Glass fibers are nearly indestructible. This technology will replace most satellite offerings, whether subscription or FTA. The eastern US will be the holdout, piggy backing off the South American satellites.

Personaly I would like to see the FCC embrace a hybrid version of Sat TV / Cable TV for delivery of video and data.

Allow the cable companies to make there coax / fiber networks available for 100 % data and move the video to the sky for delivery by satellite. This would certainly make the United States a leader in broad band delivery to the end user.

The down fall is we, the public, would have to trust and allow for the merger of the satellite and cable television providers.

I just did a scan of the list and I did not find "Thecooltv" There is a website. Is there an FTA option?

Personaly I would like to see the FCC embrace a hybrid version of Sat TV / Cable TV for delivery of video and data.

Allow the cable companies to make there coax / fiber networks available for 100 % data and move the video to the sky for delivery by satellite. This would certainly make the United States a leader in broad band delivery to the end user.

The down fall is we, the public, would have to trust and allow for the merger of the satellite and cable television providers.
Sat tv peters out just when you need it the most;rain fade during monsoons and blizzards.

OMG..... Weathernation is running SCAMmercials in the wee hours... A cold front blew through about 3am, my weather alert radio alarm went off so I flipped over to Weathernation to see the radar and there was Robert Wagner prostituting himself by peddling those FAKE ripoff scamquackery "light therapy" gadgets.:mad: Preying on old people that are easily duped and gullible, like my grandma used to be..

So I guess this means that Weathernation is floundering on the rocks and soon to fail now that they've stooped to this sort of nonsense..

Sad.... :(

OMG..... Weathernation is running SCAMmercials in the wee hours... A cold front blew through about 3am, my weather alert radio alarm went off so I flipped over to Weathernation to see the radar and there was Robert Wagner prostituting himself by peddling those FAKE ripoff scamquackery "light therapy" gadgets.:mad: Preying on old people that are easily duped and gullible, like my grandma used to be..

So I guess this means that Weathernation is floundering on the rocks and soon to fail now that they've stooped to this sort of nonsense..

Sad.... :(

Don't any of your local OTA stations have a weather sub channel?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)