Is LyngSat really reliable ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mike045

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Quebec
I have a 10' BUD with C/Ku LNBs. I have been trying to get some FTA channels with my PCI card (SkyStar2) which does not do blind search.

I got the signals for DW TV and La Cadena del Milagro on AMC1 (103W) with the following:
LO : 5150 Freq: 3740 S/R 29270 7/8. I am using MythTV (Linux) and the channels are coming just fine.

When I aimed my BUD to Galaxy4R (99.0W) to test for new channels, I tried the scanning with the following:
TP3 3776 3255 3/4
3744 1953 3/4
TP5 3790 3256 3/4
TP11 3928 3125 ?
TP13 3947 9400 3/4

with no positive results. I am relying upon LyngSat for the data. Is it the right course to take, or is there somewhere a better list for them ?

I did some tests with the Ku band, mainly AMC3 to get PBS, and no luck so far.

Mike

Yes it is, well fairly accurate. What you have to keep in mind that it is a Scandinavian operation and they can not see our satellites and they depend on us to keep them informed. I would have to to say it it the best service of it's kind, considering what I have seen of the others. I give LyngSat a big :up .

Yup, Lyngsat is kind of the standard around here. It's by no means gospel truth (meaning that it is quite prone to be being out of date, notably if things are scrambled or not, and a few other typos. Trust nothing it says about Amazonas' Ku beams towards North America, for example)

People can be a bit antsy about it, since channels may go scrambled once they are publically known, but it still is a great source for getting an idea of what's up there.

Lyngsat is one of the bibles we use...but as Jim noted, they are in Europe so they have to rely on people on this side of the world to let them know about updates :)

It's arguably the best resource of it's kind for us.

PM me about your Myth setup. What build are you using, hardware, etc. Been fooling around with Knoppix here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts