Is my 722k dying?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well two days ago I was able to order a replacement 722k. Tracking info says it'll be here Tuesday, 2nd day air. I don't know if that is fast or slow in regards to shipping?

Today, after many attempts, I was able to get the receiver to boot up. I quickly attached an EHD. Unfortunately, since this was the first time I had used an ehd, the receiver had to format the drive first and reset. After the reset it tried to boot up again but couldn't make it. I fiddled with the receiver for an hour trying to boot it up(so I could transfer the recordings) but was unsuccessful. Will try again later.

Does the 722k have to be hooked up to the system(wiring,cables,lnb,etc) to transfer the recordings to the external hard drive?

When I bought my tv console, it had glasss in the doors. But it had strips of rubber holding th glass in, so I removed the glass in the doors and bought a $5 fan at Walmart to blow on the side vent on the Hopper. Later, I added and underside computer fan to help reduce the temperature. Over a year and no problems yet. More air is better.

Quick update to this thread. I never could get the 722k to work properly again to transfer the recordings. It would get to the "starting up" screen and occasionally to recovery mode(981), but it would always turn itself off after a few minutes.

Anyway, the replacement arrived on tuesday and I got it working after going through the initial setup. Also, I replaced the glass doors with interchangeable grill cloth inserts(they came with the tv stand) and lowered the shelf. It's definitely cooler than before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)