Is my dish HD or not

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Don4465

Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
I went out and wrote down all the info on my dish it says phase III 18 x 20, on the lnb part it says model AU2-F1, it is a WNC triple feed multi sat LNB built in multi switch w/4 outputs
i have an H10 receiver and just got an H24 receiver, I called in doubting my dish was HD capable and they insist I have a 5 lnb dish that is capable, I have read a lot here and am wondering if I paid for hd for the last 2 years and was not getting it
if I am to replace this dish which slimline should I get

:welcome to Satelliteguys Don4465!

Your dish is not an hd dish. The H10 receiver isn't hd either. The H24 is, but you need a Slimline dish and ka/ku lnb for it.

Thank you, I am so tired of calling them and being lied to. I will try again to get them to believe the dish is not hd capable. They also wanted me to pay for a new dish if it was not, even though I am an over 10 year customer and have been getting ripped paying for hd for over two years when I have not received it. I feel like just buying the right dish myself and installing it with help from someone I know who used to do it for a living.

No, this
LNBS26.jpg

is NOT a HD LNBF.

These are HD LNBF's:
LNB3WM.jpg

sl3lnb.jpg

SL5.jpg

You need this: http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...-Programming-SL5-(AU9S)&c=DIRECTV Dishes&sku=

have you threatened to cancel? they'll probably help you out

Here is an easy way to get them to put their foot in their mouth.

Add the HDExtra pack for $0.00 for 3 months, then call and tell them you can't find or tune any of these channels! Because you won't be able to without a HD Dish.

Edit add: There are two HD Exclusive channels that are included in most packages and not part of the HD Extras. AXS.TV (ex HDNet) Ch340 and Velocity (ex Discovery HD Theater) Ch281.

Last edited:
Here is an easy way to get them to put their foot in their mouth.

Add the HDExtra pack for $0.00 for 3 months, then call and tell them you can't find or tune any of these channels! Because you won't be able to without a HD Dish.

This was going to be my suggestion for it. They will have to send someone out at that point. They will see that you were right and be very nice and generous, I am sure. :)

You should contact the office of the president. There is a link on directv.com. Tell them what is going on, I'm sure they will take care of you.

Thanks for all the help. Finally got a tech rep who believed me. End result is now I will have an H24 hd dvr receiver free, a genie receiver free, a new hd slimline satellite dish installed and I paid $73 for the dish but received credit for over two hundred dollars of previously paid hd charges when I did not have a dish that could deliver them. My bill stays the same for the next year as what I was paying. I had to commit for only 12 months instead of two years. It appears the installation guy who came out and installed the dvr years ago lied to directv and said he upgraded the dish for false payment creating the confusion.

Make sure you get it in writing about the one year commitment, it's usually two years.

Tech Guru,

There was a time I believe, awhile back that there were HD channels on the 101 sat.
I think the LNB you showed in the 1st post was getting HD back in the beginning.
This would have been before the 99 and 103 sats were in place and being used for the HD.

There were LNB's that did HD that were not Slimlines.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)