Is my Genie starting to fail?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobinraymoremo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
Raymore MO
A couple of things have started to happen
1-I have an excellent setup with 90s and a few 100s signal strength. With no wind and on more than one occasion I get 'unable to communicate with dish' or a satellite signal lost on tuner a, one time it was tuner 1 and the next was tuner 2. I reset the Genie and it fixed it for a while.

and,

2-sometimes during playback a program will pixelate. Another program recorded at the same time was fine.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Come on, a little help here, save me from calling DirecTV :)

A little more info, I have an HR34, when I checked the signal strength all tuners on all the satellites were as stated below and the errant tuner was all 0's.

1-I have an excellent setup with 90s and a few 100s signal strength. With no wind and on more than one occasion I get 'unable to communicate with dish' or a satellite signal lost on tuner a, one time it was tuner 1 and the next was tuner 2. I reset the Genie and it fixed it for a while.

and,

2-sometimes during playback a program will pixelate. Another program recorded at the same time was fine.

Call them and tell them your HR34 won't power up. They will replace it, probably with an HR44.

and,

you definitely have a problem. a technician will have to come out and determine the cause. it could be several things.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)