Is my iPhone soon to be trash?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDRoberts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Tonight, I pulled my iPhone out of my pocket and saw something weird. It is like there is a scratch in the LCD screen. First I thought that the screen broke, but I can detect no crack on the surface. Plus, I have not recently dropped my phone or done anything that I think could have caused such damage.

Attached is a pic of the problem. So far, it seems to work fine, besides the scratch-like thing. Touchscreen seems to work normally, it just looks bad. I'm still within my one year, so I should be covered if it's a defect, but I'm sure they would blame me.

So what do you guys think the problem is, and what can I do about it?

Attachments

• damage.JPG
    damage.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 295
Yeah, I'm thinking I'll talk to a "genius" and see what they say. Only think I can think of that may have done something is, ahem, "dropping trou'" in the restroom.

I'm just curious if anyone has had a similar issue. I'm not convinced the screen is cracked, as I can't feel a crack, and most cracked iphone I've seen look like this:

iphone-screen-smash.jpg

...with the glass pretty splintered, instead of a smooth crack.

I bought an Otter case for mine. Not taking any chances. Not after what I had to spend on it.
Although maybe not as rugged as an Otter case, I have had mine in a silicone case from day one. It really has deadened any previous drops. But again, I really did not drop the phone, it just appeared.

Yea. Make an appointment at the nearest Apple Store and they can change out that display glass in about 5 minutes. Is it less than a year old??

Yea. Make an appointment at the nearest Apple Store and they can change out that display glass in about 5 minutes. Is it less than a year old??

Thanks, got an appointment with a "genius" tonight. I bought it in Feb, so it is still under a year.

So they will swap it for free? Hmm, maybe that second year of Applecare isn't so bad a deal.

Thanks, got an appointment with a "genius" tonight. I bought it in Feb, so it is still under a year.

So they will swap it for free? Hmm, maybe that second year of Applecare isn't so bad a deal.

you are going to legacy arent you? go over to rocky mountain chocolate factory and pick up one of there amazing chocolate apples!!!! seriously, before you bite into it though take a picture and post it on here so everyone can see it, its really really good!

you are going to legacy arent you? go over to rocky mountain chocolate factory and pick up one of there amazing chocolate apples!!!! seriously, before you bite into it though take a picture and post it on here so everyone can see it, its really really good!

I'm a westsider, so I'm headed to Crocker Park.

Yes. For free. I will buy the second year of Apple Care just before my 1 year is up.

Well, success, kind of. I got there, and they replaced the screen for free (although people on both sides of who had to pay).

They took it out, I saw that it lit up, but unfortunately I checked nothing else. I got home, took it out, and discovered that the touchscreen wouldn't work anymore. So back to the genius bar tomorrow.

Well, success, kind of. I got there, and they replaced the screen for free (although people on both sides of who had to pay).

They took it out, I saw that it lit up, but unfortunately I checked nothing else. I got home, took it out, and discovered that the touchscreen wouldn't work anymore. So back to the genius bar tomorrow.

The screen display must be very sensitve. A friend of mine has had 3 replaced. She says it works fine now.

sorry to hear, you think they would have checked that before leaving, maybe you should have went to legacy after all :) I kid I kid.

I guess those chocolate apples would not ship well anyway.

But not everybody loves them.

if I head up there in the next month or so I will get you one, they ship alright I think....I would ass-u-me anyways...but I promise you will get it, if I do head up I will pm you for your phone number as I would have to call you from that store as they have easily 30 different kinds of apples.

sorry to hear, you think they would have checked that before leaving, maybe you should have went to legacy after all :) I kid I kid.

Some please buy Stuart some chocolate :D

Who am I to talk. I need a 12 step program to get off of chocolate.lol

Yeah, that's what I figured, too. They would have checked before giving to me. Maybe a connection was loose and it just came undone on the way home. At least this one they should be able to pin on me at all.

Also, as it turns out, there is a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in Crocker Park. Much be policy to put them next to Apple stores. Alas, the last thing I need is chocolate.

Also, as it turns out, there is a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in Crocker Park. Much be policy to put them next to Apple stores. Alas, the last thing I need is chocolate.

I always get the apples there... Hmm sell chocolate covered apples next to the Apple store....

if I head up there in the next month or so I will get you one, they ship alright I think....I would ass-u-me anyways...but I promise you will get it, if I do head up I will pm you for your phone number as I would have to call you from that store as they have easily 30 different kinds of apples.

Think they ship allright to mississippi.....:D

I wish we had bought Applecare for our two iPhones. :(

We got ours in Aug 2008, and ever since the 3.0 upgrade (including 3.1) our phones have had issues with locking up, dropped calls, at least 2 reboots daily, not getting to the internet unless I reboot.

According to AT&T my phone is eligible for an upgrade but my wife's isn't which I bought hers at the same time.

We may be the Incite for hers since they will give us the new customer price for any phone other than an iPhone.

I may get the Tilt 2. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)