Is my old direct tv system worthless?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Larry35

Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
I'm switching to dish and was wondering if I should just chuck my old dtv system in the trash or if it would be worth anything at all.
Thanks

Hang onto it for a couple months, if you get dissatisfied with DISH Network you will have it to switch back to.

boba said:
Hang onto it for a couple months, if you get dissatisfied with DISH Network you will have it to switch back to.
... and based upon most folks who switch to Dish, you'll be coming back to DirecTV. I switched about 4 years ago and I must say the hardware is not even close to the level that D* is at and that made me switch back even under contract! I would really guess that will depend on how much you like the best channel line-up (not the most, the best) and customer support.

I'd stay with direct but there is still no local channels here. Wouldn't I need a new dish and recievers anyway, or could I upgrade my old one. It only has 1 eye.
Thanks for all the help!

In some markets they do not need the triple lnbf dish or the newer DirecTv Plus box to work with it but if your market is not up yet it may need the triple lnbf dish and DirecTv Plus box or an additional dish pointed at 72.5 in order to receive the locals.

I personally like how the DirecTv receivers function compared to the Dish Network receivers in that they turn channels faster, have a better look and feel in the screen menu's, the receiver is smaller and cheaper to replace.

I just switched the other day from Dish to DirecTV & there's no looking back for me. Last night I received a customer service phone call from Dish asking once again why disconnected service I told them the reasons NO FOOTBALL, lousy CS skills they have not once given me any free programming even while I was dealing with all sorts of fuzzy channel issues. She asked me if they made me a offer would I consider returning, I didn't even want to hear it I told her no way DirecTV is WAAAAYYYYY better & best of all they offer the Sunday ticket.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts