Is now the time to switch to D* and the HD Tivo?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
riggscm said:
I'm startin to think this mhambright guy works for D*

And the reason D* is cutting the price on the HD Tivo is because they are NOT upgradable. There has been discussion after discussion on this site about that.

D* wants to eliminate stockpiles of equipment.

Agreed. I think its widely known that the current HDtivo is mpeg2 only and contains no mpeg4 chip. If this had any truth to it, longhorn and Robert would have reported it long ago:rolleyes:

mhambright said:
You have to love dummies that know nothing about electronics nor computers. The change was a simple chip replacement in the reciever. the big difference in mpeg4 and mpeg2 is software. Sorry I have not been there reading your bs as long as the others in this group I just know electronics an satellite systems and computers. You might love spreading mis-info to promote your favorite system. But I stand by my former statement and only time will tell. Good luck and hope you love your e* sys and their screwed up guide that you have to reset, what every 2 days?. And what about those locals, aren't they great. Please give me good rabit ears. I would also be upset to know that is the best reciever e* has to offer when D* has a quality sys NOW. They are wanting to sell there own version of DVR around the first of the year, which might be great. You saw the schedual on HD and locals. THey are going to offering locals in mpeg4. How are they going to do that even before ther new mpeg4 dvr ships??? And your ver on why they are offering deals on dvrs do not hold water. Why give sd dvrs away and sell HD dvs for $150.00 if they knew they just was going to have to replace them. Every one they give away they have to pay the dealer for it. Why pay for something now just to have to pay again in a few mo. They have said every one that is not upgradeable they will replace with a 2 yr com. Talk of lack of understanding. Newbe or dummie,,,you make the up your mind who you listen to.

You talk about misinterpretation of the facts but there's a lot misinterpretation of your facts as well. No need to go into details but before you speak about how dirty someone's house is, you may want to check how dirty is yours.

Sean Mota said:
You talk about misinterpretation of the facts but there's a lot misinterpretation of your facts as well. No need to go into details but before you speak about how dirty someone's house is, you may want to check how dirty is yours.

agreed. your whole post sounds like something you just drummed up without reading anything.

riffjim4069 said:
Hmmm. Ok, the troll detector is going off again. Are you Red UFO, Dragon, Queefer or one of the other trolls banned from this site?

Nah hes a first time poster with an earth shaking scoop on all of the other experts such as longhorn or robert:rolleyes:

vurbano said:
Nothing wrong here except a reduction of 1/3 of the pixels in the picture. Just for fun I typed in Valley cottage Ny zipcode10989 into antennaweb and got :

DTVAntenna
TypeCall SignChannelNetworkCityStateLive
DateCompass
OrientationMiles
FromFrequency
Assignment *red - uhfWNJN-DT51.1 PBS MONTCLAIR NJ
231°22.451 *blue - uhfWRNN-DT48.1 IND KINGSTON NY
12°25.348 *blue - uhfWTBY-DT54.1 TBN POUGHKEEPSIE NY
12°25.327

for digital stations. It doesnt seem as if there are any CBS, NBC,FOX or ABC HD networks available OTA. That would explain your problem of never seeing any high quality HD before and not knowing the difference. Hdnet a couple of years ago was comparable to CBSHD OTA in this area with only a weather radar subchannel. Today there is no contest. HDnetmovies on D* is approaching the terrible OTA quality of my local PBSHD channel with 3 subchannels full of programming.

Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I was away for the holiday weekend. Let me assure you that Antennaweb is wrong about which digital stations I receive. While that site is a good tool it is not by any means 100% accurate. Let me also assure you that I do know the difference. FYI, I get CBS 2-1, NBC 4-1 and 4-2, FOX 5-1 and 5-2 , ABC 7-1 and 7-2, UPN 9-1 and 9-2, WB 11-1 and 11-2 and PBS 13-1, 13-2, and 13-3 (WNET) all OTA and all digital. The stations you listed are in a different direction for me and I am unable to get them with out a rotor.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that my local CBS, NBC, ABC , and FOX are the same stations availble through D on channels 80, 82, 86, and 88. I receive them both off air as well as through D.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)