Is Olympic coverage better on FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

peggypwr1

Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Hey are you FTA guys and gals getting better Oympics coverage?
NBC does a crap job, they tape dealy and only focus on US athletes. Can you see other international networks via your FTA systems covering the oympics? How is the coverage?

I searched the entire arc visible to me and did not find one FTA Olympic feed. My easternmost satellite is I805, so perhaps there is something further east.

Correcto .

I saw the Olympic 2006 Torino banner in the top right hand corner of another Spanish language station, If I find the channel I'll look into their programming line up to see if there is a Olympic listing.

Very Odd thing, does Mexico even participate in Winter sports, I could see Argentina or Chile participating, and I wonder if they have the resources to setup in Torino, they could just do the commentary in Spanish with the NBC delayed taping (hope it's from a Europe network), great observation, thanks for the info.

Remember Cool Runnings about the Jamaican Bobsledding team, that would be cool to see IRL.

NBC is actually showing a tremendous amount of stuff live on CNBC, MSNBC, and USA Networks.

And Mexico is not in the Winter Olympics, since someone asked.

peggypwr1 said:
they tape dealy and only focus on US athletes.

Well let's see...Torino is six hours ahead in time so yes they need to tape delay unless you want to watch coverage at odd hours and in the middle of the night - and NBC is an american network so it makes sense that they would be partial to american athletes. :confused:

the CBC hasn't taped delayed. They started today at 5AM :)
They do show highlights at night (and they're tape delayed until 7 local time)

NBC isn't tape delaying most stuff. Just goto the NBC website and look at their overnight schedule and you'll see stuff starting at 5AM as well.

I read somewhere that there are more hours of programming on NBC than there are actual hours of events.

One of the spanish stations on amazonas shows that logo.

jayelem said:
Correcto .

I saw the Olympic 2006 Torino banner in the top right hand corner of another Spanish language station, If I find the channel I'll look into their programming line up to see if there is a Olympic listing.

Very Odd thing, does Mexico even participate in Winter sports, I could see Argentina or Chile participating, and I wonder if they have the resources to setup in Torino, they could just do the commentary in Spanish with the NBC delayed taping (hope it's from a Europe network), great observation, thanks for the info.

Remember Cool Runnings about the Jamaican Bobsledding team, that would be cool to see IRL.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)