Is Palladia, MLBN HD& NBATV HD available for Puerto Rico Subscribers?

rriglesias

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Puerto Rico
Hello,This is my first post , although I have found so far valuable information on the DN forum.I've had many headaches with Dish customer service, (both chat and phone), regarding some HD channels with error 013.

• MLB Network HD (Channel 152). Channel works during the day, some evenings, after 7:30PM, I got error 013 (Channel not subscribed) on the HD feed, although SD is OK. After many calls and Chats with Dish CS, they confirmed MLB TV HD is not available to Puerto Rico subscribers. If that's correct, it won't make sense to keep the HD channel available during the day and some evenings.
  • NBA TV HD- Same issue, had not called dish yet.
  • Palladia HD- I just added blockbuster at home yesterday (Oct-22) for Palladia HD, just to found same error 013. After an hour troubleshooting with Dish CS and a second tier technician, they confirmed this channel is not available for Puerto Rico. I immediately dropped Blockbuster.

I have asked Dish for a Puerto Rico Channel list, browsed through dish website with no luck. Why Dish does not simply publish a list of the HD channels available to Puerto Rico? What's the deal to keep the channels up in HD at some hours only?Thanks and my apologies for the long post.

Have you tried resetting your receiver(s)? Sometimes that may help (,but sometimes not). If you are still having issues, you may try contacting a DIRT member.

You may need a rehit or reauthorization if channels you subscribe to are showing up as non-subscribed and available in your area.

I hope that helps.

MLBN HD available channel 152
NBATV HD available channel 156
Palladia HD available channel 369

what package are you subscribed to? i'm receiving those channels from the AEP here in PR with 2 hoppers 1 joey.

Thanks for the responses so far. I have At200 with a Hopper/ 2 Joey. Right now MLB is up, but NBA Tv in HD no I readded just moments ago the Blockbuster at home package, still no Palladia. The authorization signal have worked in the past for ESPN HD, but not for MLB Tv and Palladia. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for the many responses, this community has been very helpful.

Yes, those channels are available, but I think Dish is blocking the MLB HD and NBA TV HD on games, its like a black out restriction.

When a MLB game is on TBS and on WAPA 2 the default feed for PUerto Rico is WAPA 2, and that is understandable, but, the NBA thing has no reason at all, because there is no other local network brodcasting the game.

The NBA problem starts when a game starts. This happened the las season, I was hoping this would get corrected by the new season, but it is not the case.

If a DIRT Member can look into this would be great. Because when this happen last season and I call Dish they send a Tech to check the Hopper to no result. It is obvious that the problem is on Dish side. And the CSR dont have a clue on how to resolve the issue.

Is this problem related to Hopper system? I have 722K & last year I didnt have any problem watching NBA Tv except for the show "Dream Team" which for some reason is blacked out for PR. No problem watch MLBTv also.

Dunno if it is hopper related but I get blacked out of games which are not being retransmitted all the time. I have talked to dirt about it and received no help.

Javrua said:
Yep I have them all. To get Palladia HD in PR the only way is to go up to AT 250.

Can someone confirm this? Palladia is not showing on the AT250 channel list, just under the Blockbuster at Home package or Everything's pack.

Regarding MLB hd and NBA tv It makes sense that Dish is blocking the games. as the blackout sometimes started exactly at game time. Anyhow is not fair to blackout games without providing at least a local broadcast alternative. This is a Dish issue, I did not had this problem with cable.

If a Dirt member can take a look at this it would be great?

I don't think Palladia is in any package other than the BB package. If it's not in a Movie package or a core package it won't be in the Everything Package either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)