is peace tv working on galaxy 18?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

peacetv

Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
hi and thanks for any info, i just installed a dish on galaxy 18, some channels come in and rather strong (94), peace tv scans into the receiver but is just a black screen along with the other channels on that transponder. I think the signal is close to going out because it is 66. however i get a 63 signal on amc 4 before signal dissapears. I am wondering if the problem is with the satellite, or possibly the low signal. Also it says HD peace tv when i scan it, do i need an hd receiver to see it? any info much appreciated. also i read in another post that sometimes they scramble those channels?

hi and thanks for any info, i just installed a dish on galaxy 18, some channels come in and rather strong (94), peace tv scans into the receiver but is just a black screen along with the other channels on that transponder. I think the signal is close to going out because it is 66. however i get a 63 signal on amc 4 before signal dissapears. I am wondering if the problem is with the satellite, or possibly the low signal. Also it says HD peace tv when i scan it, do i need an hd receiver to see it? any info much appreciated. also i read in another post that sometimes they scramble those channels?

I can't attempt an answer right now for the rest of your questions but, if the channel thats says "HD peace tv" is actually a high-definition signal then, yes, you do need an HD-capable receiver to view it.

working fine here
11967 V 7234

and the feed is in SD.....working on the Visionsat

HD means HDTV which is the uplinker

Peace TV is working here on my Visionsat IV200.

On a side note, when scanning AMC21 the other night, Peace TV and the other channels on that transponder on G18 scanned in as well as the PBS channels on AMC21. So bumping your dish a touch west may help improve your signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)