Status
Please reply by conversation.

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I am not sure this is the right forum for this but is where RTn/RTV gets discussed most often.

In any event one of my disappointments with the service has been that in many cases they have very few episodes of\a show. One prime example was Wagon train. It ran for 8 years and almost 300 episodes were produced but RTN seemed to have about 25 of them. My local affiliate shows it twice a week (on weekends) and over the last several weeks I have not seen any of the usual episodes.

Is this a sign that the service may be ona bit more solid financial footing?

Thought I was the only one who noticed that!, LOL They don't seem to have complete collections of anything they show. But the price is right, so I try not to complain much. They've gotten me interested in some shows I might not have ever thought about again, like Peter Gunn, Alfred Hitchcock, and Robin Hood.They probably have to publish a quarterly report (if they're a corp) , or maybe it's only required once a year. Might google for one.

I believe it is privately owned which makes it harder to see such documents. I was just wondering. The variety is welcome just wondering if it is a hopeful sign.

The syndicator may not have the rights to all the shows in a particular series. Some of the longer running series could of had 2 production companies and they each syndicate their package. Or a single syndicator could have broken the series up into 2 or more pacakges (if the series ran long enough). I do not know specifically about Wagon Train but you might do some research and see if they had different production companies, networks, etc. Running for 8 years it could of easily of had or it could have been broken up into more than one packages.
So RTN may of only bought one package of a series.

There are more Banacek episodes also that never seem to broadcast.

There are only 17 episodes of Banacek and they do play all of them.

Pilot Detour to Nowhere

Season 1
1 Let's Hear It For A Living Legend
2 Project Phoenix
3 No Sign of the Cross
4 A Million the Hard Way
5 To Steal A King
6 Ten Thousand Dollars a Page
7 The Greatest Collection of Them All
8 The Two Million Clams of Cap'n Jack

Season 2
1 No Stone Unturned
2 If Max Is So Smart, Why Doesn't He Tell Us Where He Is?
3 The Three Million Dollar Piracy
4 The Vanishing Chalice
5 Horse of a Slightly Different Color
6 Rocket to Oblivion
7 Fly Me — If You Can Find Me
8 Now You See Me, Now You Don't

The syndicator may not have the rights to all the shows in a particular series. Some of the longer running series could of had 2 production companies and they each syndicate their package. Or a single syndicator could have broken the series up into 2 or more pacakges (if the series ran long enough). I do not know specifically about Wagon Train but you might do some research and see if they had different production companies, networks, etc. Running for 8 years it could of easily of had or it could have been broken up into more than one packages.
So RTN may of only bought one package of a series.

It was on teo different networks during its run but was produced by Universal-----like just about everything on RTV----the whole time.

The episodes they were showing were VERY limited only about 20 or so but were from different years (cast changes show this).

Clearly they did not own the rights to all the episodes before. The question is does that mean anything about Whether RTV might be doing better financially.

My local affiliate shows it twice a week (on weekends) and over the last several weeks I have not seen any of the usual episodes.

RTV seems to have problems making sure the programs go out in an orderly fashion. Some series seem to be ok going in order and others will jump around quite a bit. Some episodes just seem to be played over and over. Hopefully you are right and they have increased their show inventory.
Does anyone know if TuffTV and the new kids channel both originate from the same facility? If so, maybe that has prompted them to load their servers with the missing episodes when the new shows were loaded.... just a guess....

RTV seems to have problems making sure the programs go out in an orderly fashion. Some series seem to be ok going in order and others will jump around quite a bit. Some episodes just seem to be played over and over. Hopefully you are right and they have increased their show inventory.
Does anyone know if TuffTV and the new kids channel both originate from the same facility? If so, maybe that has prompted them to load their servers with the missing episodes when the new shows were loaded.... just a guess....

You lost me somewhere. How would TuffTV and a children's channel coming from a given faciity have anything to do with "loading servers with missing episodes?"better

Anyway it looks like no one knows if they are doing better. i will just enjoy the extra episodes.

You lost me somewhere. How would TuffTV and a children's channel coming from a given faciity have anything to do with "loading servers with missing episodes?"better

Anyway it looks like no one knows if they are doing better. i will just enjoy the extra episodes.

Just maybe they loaded or were sent some of the missing episodes or episodes they had problems with when the new channel lineup programming was sent.

Do you anticipate some changes in programming for the upcoming 4th quarter ? (other than the previously announced for Saturday morning slot)

Well I see from the last two weekends that we are back to the old collection of episodes. So if they bought additional episodes they did not buy very many. Too bad really this isa classic western show and there are a lot more episodes that could be in the rotation.

I just peeked at my local affiliates schedule for Q4 and it looks like the show is gone. Oh well. Maybe I am the only one out there that enjoyed the show.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts