Is shipping fee paid by DirecTv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nectarologist

Original poster
May 25, 2005
NY tri-state area
I had to cancel D* due to $$ issues. Love the service but needed to cut back significantly as of late. I know from seeing other threads that the recovery box has a pre-paid shipping label but does D* cover this or do they make me pay them back for the shipping? It seems they don't charge when it's a swap but I'm canceling my service. Thanks for the help.

From memory DirecTV doens't charge and provides labels.

Dish charges if you use their label or gives you the option to ship it without the label at your own cost.

I guess you lucked out there.

From all the ones I've dealt with, D* has always had a Return label in the bottom of the box when it arrives and a piece of paper telling you exactly what to do.

I generally pack it up and drop it off at a local Fed Ex location.

My most recent experience this summer in returning a faulty receiver I was able to take it to the local post office rather than Fedex. There was instructions to call for a Fedex pickup or take to the nearest post office. The shipping label was provided by DTV at no cost. I did pay about $20 in shipping to have the replacement receiver delivered and was able to use the same box for the return.

My most recent experience this summer in returning a faulty receiver I was able to take it to the local post office rather than Fedex. There was instructions to call for a Fedex pickup or take to the nearest post office. The shipping label was provided by DTV at no cost. I did pay about $20 in shipping to have the replacement receiver delivered and was able to use the same box for the return.

You should not have had to pay anything.

That's interesting...... maybe I should be a better bargainer! I know when I first upgraded to HD the equipment was at no charge but I paid a $15 shipping fee. A couple years later I got a "loyality" upgrade offer for a DVR that was listed as a free upgrade but when they were going to charge shipping but I reminded them the offer said free so they didn't charge. So when the CSR made the offer to send a replacement receiver the shipping charge was in line with my other DTV experiences. Wonder if there's anything in their contract fine print that covers this?

standard shipping charge to replace a receiver (defective or upgrade) without the protection plan is $19.95. Many CSRs will waive it upon request for good accounts.

dtv loves its customers and will foot the bill as they would like to have you back as a customer. 2 months - 15 years they pay the shipping

Dish on the other hand seems to take it personal and wants you to send every box back and charge you for the shipping as they never want you back. $15 is not bad but not a good way to leave a customers last thought. If one has more then 2 boxes shut them all off weeks prior to ending service they will send out boxes at no cost and not cost to return then when they get them close the account and your only on the hook for the last box.

Don't forget Dish expects you to go on the roof and get the LNB to return it. $30 part and they will charge people upwards on $75+ for not sending it or calling and convincing them to waive the requirement.

Just funny how different the companies customer focus is.

Actually it is pretty standard to pay shipping for a replacement without the protection plan.

Easily waived in most cases though.

You missed the question ...

The question was about sending a recvr back to D*, in which case, they have a shipping label in the return box that you use.

You missed the question ...

The question was about sending a recvr back to D*, in which case, they have a shipping label in the return box that you use.

I assumed you were answering the above poster when you said that he shouldnt have had to pay anything, as you did quote him in your response (and I bolded the part in question, since he already said the return label was provided at no cost).

In thinking that, my response was valid.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)