Is switch part of a "normal" install?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

laman400

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
I am switching from Dish to Direct after 7 years due to the availability of NFL and MLB packages on Direct. I currently have 4 standard Dish 311 receivers, but want to have 3 DVR's and 1 standard receiver in my new setup. Since I currently have 4 wires running from my antenna to my 4 receivers, I have been told I will now need 7 wires, 2 for each DVR receiver, and 1 for the standard non DVR receiver which will require some kind of a switch in my attic splitting the existing 4 lines into the 7 I will now require. My question is as follows: Is this switch part of a normal 4 room install that includes 3 DVR's and 1 non DVR receiver, or do I have to pay extra for this switch, and if I have to pay for it, what is the approximate cost at time of installation for this additional piece of equipment? If it matters, all 4 TV's are SD, there will be no HD included in this install. Thanks for any info you can provide.

DirecTV will install whatever switch is necessary for your order as part of the install, no additional charge.

And if you're located in one of these installation areas:

Austin
Boston(Manchester, NH & VT)
Chicago
Dallas-Fortworth
Denver
Detroit
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Missoula, MT
Monterey-Salinas, CA
Phoenix
Reno CA, NV
Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto
San Diego
San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose
Santa Barbara-Santa Maria- San Luisobispo
Shreveport, AR, LA, OK, TX
Washington DC (Hagerstown) DC, MD, PA, VA
West Palm Beach - Fort Pierce

according to http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/134689-swm-lnb-rollout-starting.html you might get a SWM Slimline dish which doesn't need the switch and can use your existing single cable runs to the DVR's.

DirecTV will install whatever switch is necessary for your order as part of the install, no additional charge.

And if you're located in one of these installation areas:

Austin
Boston(Manchester, NH & VT)
Chicago
Dallas-Fortworth
Denver
Detroit
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Missoula, MT
Monterey-Salinas, CA
Phoenix
Reno CA, NV
Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto
San Diego
San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose
Santa Barbara-Santa Maria- San Luisobispo
Shreveport, AR, LA, OK, TX
Washington DC (Hagerstown) DC, MD, PA, VA
West Palm Beach - Fort Pierce

according to http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/134689-swm-lnb-rollout-starting.html you might get a SWM Slimline dish which doesn't need the switch and can use your existing single cable runs to the DVR's.

He isn't getting HD so his work order wouldn't have a SWM line item.
In about another week you can say bye to that list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)