Where did my "Media Share" go ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jokeworm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
Tulsa. Ok.
flicked on my HR-21 earlier today so that i could watch some content from my network/hard drive .. and i can no longer find the link to "media share" in my menu ...

I know it was there yesterday .. nothing at all has changed in my setup - i can download on-demand stuff .. my receiver is connected to the network just fine ...

but now - when i press menu ... "media share" is no longer one of the options listed ... anyone else noticed it missing from the menu structure .. ?

I am NOT on the CE program ...

Any idea's ?

:eek:

weird .. did a soft reset .. nothing - did a hard reset .. nothing ... so switched DVR off and watched the content on my Dlink media player instead .. have just turned DVR back on to watch regular "live" tv - and the "music, photo's and more" is now showing up in my menu again ...

How on earth does an entire line of the menu just disappear and re-appear at random ?

If you loose your network connection or the HR-21 is not seen by your computer the line will disappear. If you had retested your network connection it may have fixed it also but the power cycle did it for you.

If you loose your network connection or the HR-21 is not seen by your computer the line will disappear. If you had retested your network connection it may have fixed it also but the power cycle did it for you.

While the item was missing from the menu i went in and checked my network connection - it was working just fine - i also started an on-demand download - it was being downloaded just fine - my network connection from router to directv HR-21 was working perfectly and directv box confirmed this ... the restart of the box did not fix the issue either .. the item was still missing after the reboot - only when i came back to it an hour or so later did the option return to my menu.

as i said - weird.

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)