Is the 103 higher up...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
than 101, 110 and 119 and within the line of sight of those sats? I just watched the solid signal install for the AT9 and was shocked to see that the 103 is in the same line of sight range as the 101 - 109 and looked higher up.

igator99 said:
than 101, 110 and 119 and within the line of sight of those sats? I just watched the solid signal install for the AT9 and was shocked to see that the 103 is in the same line of sight range as the 101 - 109 and looked higher up.

That depends on where you are. If you are east of 101, about where San Antonio TX is, 103 is lower in the sky than 101 is, more so the farther east you are. If you are west, then it appears higher, more so the farther west you go.

raoul5788 said:
That depends on where you are. If you are east of 101, about where San Antonio TX is, 103 is lower in the sky than 101 is, more so the farther east you are. If you are west, then it appears higher, more so the farther west you go.

I'm in New Orleans so I guess that means it is lower than 101? So if I'm clearing a treeline with a vrey long pole then I'm not going to hit 103 period.

igator99 said:
I'm in New Orleans so I guess that means it is lower than 101? So if I'm clearing a treeline with a vrey long pole then I'm not going to hit 103 period.

It would be slightly lower, but if you can see 110, and 101, you should be okay. Is there anything between them in your line of sight?

raoul5788 said:
It would be slightly lower, but if you can see 110, and 101, you should be okay. Is there anything between them in your line of sight?

A line of trees which I clear with a pole. I get 90+ signal strength from 101, 110 and 119.

igator99 said:
A line of trees which I clear with a pole. I get 90+ signal strength from 101, 110 and 119.

Since 103, and 99 for that matter, are so close to 101, I THINK you should have no problems.

raoul5788 said:
Since 103, and 99 for that matter, are so close to 101, I THINK you should have no problems.
Yes I see no reason why IF you can get the 101 and 110 that you would not be able to get the 99 and 103, being only 2* apart, I don't think the higher and lower should be an issue seeing how close they are.

Jimbos said:
Yes I see no reason why IF you can get the 101 and 110 that you would not be able to get the 99 and 103, being only 2* apart, I don't think the higher and lower should be an issue seeing how close they are.
The problem will come from the size of the AT9 dish and the length of pole needed and the rigidity of the pole.:)

boba said:
The problem will come from the size of the AT9 dish and the length of pole needed and the rigidity of the pole.:)
I am looking into doing this same thing shortly, I have been looking into buying a 15-16 ft Black Pipe and dropping it 2-3 ft in the ground...
This will put me about 4 ft above my roof line so I can do any work I may need right from the roof.

I have found that I think the black pipe appears to be the stongest, of course this could be over kill, but the fence post I origionally loked at appeared to be not very strong at 15 feet, considering the AT-9 is 32 lbs.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)