Is the 811 junk?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sharpie said:
I am definately reconsidering about getting dish. Now, whether I pull the trigger and cancel my dish network installation is another thing. I have already paid $49 that vmc satellite says is non-refundable. Don't quite understand that because no service has been done. If anyone knows how to get my $49 back please let me know.

If you paid by credit card, and no goods or services have been provided, then you can always dispute the charge. You should give the retailer another chance to issue the credit first. Disputed charges can cost the retailer a lot.

BTW, I've read lots of posting on avsforum.com about the $99 DirecTV HD upgrade. It seems that lately, it's common to have the $450 put on your account, with a $350 credit, so no charges ever hit your credit card. A lot of people report getting 6 months of free Showtime and discounted HBO, as well. They also describe how to get out of the HDNet commitment.

The thread is here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=337667
Go to the last few pages. It's really long, and the early pages date back to December. You may have to do a little searching for the direct phone number for the Retention Dept.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts