Is the 922 free yet?

NO. Don't look for it to be free till a newer receiver is released. Maybe when the vaporware "923" receiver,that Charlie talked about on the chat, comes out.

DEFINITELY , the 922 has been the biggest let down receiver that DISH has come out with since the 921 pvr : A $1000.00 bricked receiver. I have decided to avoid all receivers with a 9 or 92 at the beginning of their model number from now on, just to be safe.

5, 6 and 7 haven't been all that lucky either if my memory serves, I have owned several pieces of junk beginning with those numbers, along with some keepers. :)

I love the chat.

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: How may I help you?

Frank: Its a new year and new promotions! Is the 922 still attached with that obnoxious $200 fee?

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: I'd be happy to assist you .

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: Let me check the details .

Frank: Thanks!

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: You're welcome.

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: Yes, to replace it to 922 , there is a upgrade charge of $ 200.00 on the account .

Frank: Sad. Ok.

Frank: Thanks for the expected info

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: It was a pleasure assisting you! Do you have any more questions for me?

Frank: Sure. How often do you get asked about the 922 rcvr?

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: Most of the customers are now interested on 922 .

Frank: but no one wants to pay the $200-

Frank: ?

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: Yes.

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: I agree to that .

Frank: tell charlie that! haha! Thanks!

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: Okay .

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: You're welcome.
(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network, have a wonderful evening! Happy New Year !!

Frank not only do you make me laugh every morning now I get it on our days off! You know you dont want a 922 cause you want that stupid Google TV. But I do agree it should be free cause it has not been that popular and it wont be for $200 bucks! So I am with you all I want a 922 but not for $200 bucks and only for the Guide screen cause it looks way better!

Google TV works with the 922. Read through the forums. I figured if it was finally free, it would save me the $100 for the sling adapter.

Glad to see you got your signature figured out. You need a OTA mod.

Free as in not paying the $200 fee. Which, BTW...I spoke to loyalty about one. She tried to tell me "Sir, the $200 is an employee only pricing. Its $400 for anyone else" My reply...you really dont wanna take that information on with me. lol. I'll prove you wrong. I'm a DNS tech and a Dish nerd.

I'm holding out until 1 Feb, then i'll make the decision to add a sling to my 722 or buy the 922. Reason for feb...
1) maybe something will happen at the CES (highly unlikely)
2) I wont have the extra money until 1 feb. lol!

Frank7004 said:
Free as in not paying the $200 fee. Which, BTW...I spoke to loyalty about one. She tried to tell me "Sir, the $200 is an employee only pricing. Its $400 for anyone else" My reply...you really dont wanna take that information on with me. lol. I'll prove you wrong. I'm a DNS tech and a Dish nerd.

I'm holding out until 1 Feb, then i'll make the decision to add a sling to my 722 or buy the 922. Reason for feb...

Nope, still $200, but I manage to get them to give me $10 off a month for 12 months, and a waived tech visit fee (since they require a tech install for the 922). That at least brings the cost to only $80.

Installed 1 for a guy who got the 200 dollar credit! He got the free HD upgrade letter inthe mail and already had all hd and they waived the $200 bucks. He came to the door and I asked the million dollar question how did you get them to waive the $$$$$?Haha it wont happen again I bet

In another thread Scott recommends to wait until Feb.1st as there maybe a better deal coming after the first?.:confused:;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)