Is the 922 free yet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
NO. Don't look for it to be free till a newer receiver is released. Maybe when the vaporware "923" receiver,that Charlie talked about on the chat, comes out.

DEFINITELY , the 922 has been the biggest let down receiver that DISH has come out with since the 921 pvr : A $1000.00 bricked receiver. I have decided to avoid all receivers with a 9 or 92 at the beginning of their model number from now on, just to be safe.

5, 6 and 7 haven't been all that lucky either if my memory serves, I have owned several pieces of junk beginning with those numbers, along with some keepers. :)

I love the chat.

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: How may I help you?

Frank: Its a new year and new promotions! Is the 922 still attached with that obnoxious $200 fee?

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: I'd be happy to assist you .

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: Let me check the details .

Frank: Thanks!

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: You're welcome.

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: Yes, to replace it to 922 , there is a upgrade charge of $ 200.00 on the account .

Frank: Sad. Ok.

Frank: Thanks for the expected info

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: It was a pleasure assisting you! Do you have any more questions for me?

Frank: Sure. How often do you get asked about the 922 rcvr?

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: Most of the customers are now interested on 922 .

Frank: but no one wants to pay the $200-

Frank: ?

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: Yes.

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: I agree to that .

Frank: tell charlie that! haha! Thanks!

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: Okay .

(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: You're welcome.
(03) HY1Plt Ethan A.ZE3: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network, have a wonderful evening! Happy New Year !!

Frank not only do you make me laugh every morning now I get it on our days off! You know you dont want a 922 cause you want that stupid Google TV. But I do agree it should be free cause it has not been that popular and it wont be for $200 bucks! So I am with you all I want a 922 but not for $200 bucks and only for the Guide screen cause it looks way better!

Google TV works with the 922. Read through the forums. I figured if it was finally free, it would save me the $100 for the sling adapter.

Glad to see you got your signature figured out. You need a OTA mod.

Free as in not paying the $200 fee. Which, BTW...I spoke to loyalty about one. She tried to tell me "Sir, the $200 is an employee only pricing. Its $400 for anyone else" My reply...you really dont wanna take that information on with me. lol. I'll prove you wrong. I'm a DNS tech and a Dish nerd.

I'm holding out until 1 Feb, then i'll make the decision to add a sling to my 722 or buy the 922. Reason for feb...
1) maybe something will happen at the CES (highly unlikely)
2) I wont have the extra money until 1 feb. lol!

Frank7004 said:
Free as in not paying the $200 fee. Which, BTW...I spoke to loyalty about one. She tried to tell me "Sir, the $200 is an employee only pricing. Its $400 for anyone else" My reply...you really dont wanna take that information on with me. lol. I'll prove you wrong. I'm a DNS tech and a Dish nerd.

I'm holding out until 1 Feb, then i'll make the decision to add a sling to my 722 or buy the 922. Reason for feb...

Nope, still $200, but I manage to get them to give me $10 off a month for 12 months, and a waived tech visit fee (since they require a tech install for the 922). That at least brings the cost to only $80.

Installed 1 for a guy who got the 200 dollar credit! He got the free HD upgrade letter inthe mail and already had all hd and they waived the $200 bucks. He came to the door and I asked the million dollar question how did you get them to waive the $$$$$?Haha it wont happen again I bet

In another thread Scott recommends to wait until Feb.1st as there maybe a better deal coming after the first?.:confused:;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)