Is the HD pack really not part of Total Choice Premier?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

noneroy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 26, 2006
? D*'s promotion of giving you TCP free for 4 months while you pay off that Sunday Ticket has my girlfriend and I thinking about actually keeping TCP after the 'free' period is over. However, I notice that the HD channels are not included. Is that right? That seems kinda silly to me if it is......

Also, they say you get the DVR fee waived, but you still have to pay the mirroring fee? I thought the DVR fee was in place of the mirroring/lease fee on those models.

I love D* but, shesh, they never found a fee they didn't like. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately the dvr & mirror fee's are 2 different charges and as far as I know the HD pack is extra (9 or 10 bucks a month - sorry I don't have hd so I'm not sure of the price)

With TCP you get SHOHD(543) & HBOHD(509) without need of the H/D pak.
"Also, they say you get the DVR fee waived, but you still have to pay the mirroring fee? I thought the DVR fee was in place of the mirroring/lease fee on those models."
Yes no surprise there...you pay the fee just as you would for any additional receiver(remember the DVR is
also a receiver)

Last edited:
But no ESPN-HDs or HDNet Movies (Usually good for a couple movies a month). Hm. I've read a number of threads where people have gotten HD free for a period of time. Maybe if I call and politely complain they'll give that one to me. You never know.....

I guess if they waive the DVR fee with TCP that saves me 6 bucks a month. Then add HD for 10 bucks a month and the net difference is only $4.....if $4 a month breaks my budget I need to get a new job. :D

Thanks guys, I think I just needed to think this one through out-loud....

I have almost made the TC Premiere plunge several times and then I remember that it doesn't include the HD pack and I back off. If they included it I would have it instead of turning my HBO off a few times a year when Deadwood and Sopranos end.

icstephen said:
Unfortunately the dvr & mirror fee's are 2 different charges and as far as I know the HD pack is extra (9 or 10 bucks a month - sorry I don't have hd so I'm not sure of the price)

I think you nailed it right there. D* is probably going to say that there's no reason to include the HD Package because not everyone that has Total Choice Premiere has a HD Receiver and it would be a waste. I don't know what the stats are on that, but I'm sure they can come up with some magical number.:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)