Is The History Channel gone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishman Dan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
N/A
I was on Lyngsat and noticed that The History Channel was not listed. Is it still up??
I have been playing with my C band BUD lately and ignoring the little Ku guy and it is temporarily out of commission.

Thanks! I better get the Ku going soon!
I do not know why it is not on Lyngsat anymore.

because Lyngsat is based in Europe so for sats here they can only go by what folks send them

so if I sent them an update that all of those were in the clear they would update it without knowing

Was just out tweaking my dish and yep its there.

because Lyngsat is based in Europe so for sats here they can only go by what folks send them

so if I sent them an update that all of those were in the clear they would update it without knowing

Then someone told them to take it off of their chart??? :confused:

It seems like it had been on Lyngsat as long as your avatar has been on SatelliteGuys!!! ;)

In the past, Lyngsat only updated if they receive confirmation from two or more sources. Unfortunately, recently it appears that it is now updated without confirmations and a few trusted "Super Users" are quite often wrong.

I find it interesting that often this site has posts where an op mistakenly scans a channel on the wrong satellite, yet this incorrect information is posted on Lyngsat. Seems that some ops are more interested in getting their name on the Lyngsat updates than providing confirmed information (cut and pasting someone else's find information???)

Now that's a diehard FTA'er to be out tweaking a dish after midnight.

Well it was just before midnight:D, but still late and dark and cold..:D:D....my flood lights light up the dishes ok enough just to tweak here and there.

Looks like Nova Scotia is on the edge of the coverage area.
You will need a bigger dish. What size are you using now?

ses-1_north_america_ku_band_beam_M.jpg

Last edited:
The 44 dBW line runs right through my area. I am using a 39-inch dish. This is the first time I've encountered a situation where I could use a larger dish. Everything else I receive is good quality and watchable.

I found History US for first time on ku. Interesting to see it is different than History in Canada.

There are a few stations like that where the Canadian version is different ;)

What happens is a Canadian conglomerate gets the rights to use that name. Sahw owns History Canada

On checking more, I see History US actually has the same show now as History Canada in the east. My Shaw Guide shows this although I don't subscribe to this channel myself. My 200 feet of RG-6 probably isn't helping the situation. Calculator shows a loss of about 16dB for that run at 1450MHz. I can't change the length, but I could get lower loss cable.

I used to use a 1 metre ex starchoice dish and the History channel was usually a solid signal, I can't remember the strength but probably around 50-70 it was however susceptible to day/night fade at times but I rarely lost it except in heavy rain.
Now I use a 1.2 meter Foretec dish mainly to get the PBS S2 signals, History channel is a solid 100%.
if your cable is in decent shape it shouldn't be a problem the LNB gain should make up for that loss, I'm using over 250ft of cheapo Ebay RG6 without problems.
I'm in the southern part of Nova Scotia near Kejimkujik park,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)