Is the iphone being trumped yet?

I wonder if we'll see some of these changes, or if we'll look back in a decade at the iphone and remember it as the best MP3 player that could make phonecalls.

None of the changes would make it a better phone.

Personally it has been a wonderful phone in my area. I have had less calls dropped with AT&T than I had with Verizon. Funny part of all of these type of talks is that I dump Verizon for the same reasons that everybody is upset with AT&T. I live in a 3G area and very rarely travel to any area with Edge so I guess I am just lucky.

I don't think the Droid is doing as well as some folks think. Just this morning I saw an add on TV where if you buy one Droid phone you get a second one for free.
Verizon does "buy one get one free" promotions all the time and does it with a variety of phones. I don't think it's cause they're not selling either.... I've seen them do it with plain, jane "phones", with Blackberrys, and so on.

Verizon does "buy one get one free" promotions all the time and does it with a variety of phones. I don't think it's cause they're not selling either.... I've seen them do it with plain, jane "phones", with Blackberrys, and so on.

They are also only doing it with the HTC version not the Moto Droid.

- user replaceable battery - probably not going to happen, they are probably going to do more and more custom battery shapes in the future to fill in all the gaps in the phone with battery.

- plug in micro SD card storage memory - Never really seen need personally

- Does it do stereo BT yet? Not sure on status on this.

- Multitasking Definitely need this, rumor is much faster processor coming in next gen, maybe they will be able to support it. Maybe they are just waiting for 3G to be 2 years old so they can turn on for 3GS and not get all the 3Gers upset

- Open applications not restricted to the itunes store - as mentioned above not going to happen any time soon.

- a slide out keyboard model - never had a problem with the one on screen

- higher resolution screen - definitely need

- open to all carriers both GSM and CDMA - Doubt that this is a priority unless VZ or Sprint underwrites the cost on this. Much easier for them to have just the one model world wide.

- 4G ready - Doubts on this for next generation. 4G will not be deployed by then and early chip sets will probably be power hogs.

- dockable for desktop I/O devices like monitor, mouse, and keyboard. Would be nice feature.

- front camera for video teleconferencing - also a nice feature.

They are also only doing it with the HTC version not the Moto Droid.
That's not surprising at all.... Some people might not know that there are in fact (2) "droid" phones from Verizon considering the Motorola version has gotten all the advertising.

Why does it win? I have not seen any of them so I really am interested in peoples opinions on why it is better.
Doesn't matter why it "wins" to someone else nor what someone's opinion on something that is sooooo subjective like how a phone "feels". It could feel like a woman's br**sts to one person but you could hate it. :D You absolutely simply have to decide (feel, touch, etc) for yourself.

Doesn't matter why it "wins" to someone else nor what someone's opinion on something that is sooooo subjective like how a phone "feels". It could feel like a woman's br**sts to one person but you could hate it. :D You absolutely simply have to decide (feel, touch, etc) for yourself.

Post of the day nominee. :up :up

Great one Hall! (And no, I am not trying to be sarcastic; I thought this was a great post!).

Every phone has its advantages to each individual. I like the Iphone, though never having one. I current use an Itouch 2Gen everyday. Of all the devices with Touchscreen this one wins hands down. Previously I had the 6800 and Storm. The Storm 1 is better with the upgrade to 5.0.

I now use a BB Tour. I really like the phone but miss some features of the Storm and 6800. I continue to read that Apple's next phone will be a 3G CDMA/GSM hybrid in Q3 2010. This is the best decision Apple can make. That will give them the edge. One would think Multi Apps will be the next thing they do. Look how long they were beat up on MMS and Cut/Paste.

I would like to get an HTC Andriod phone because of the Customization. I like to tinker with my phones so HTC is the best option there because of the custom roms you can do.

As for Micro SD and Removable battery not that big of deal. I can tell you if my Tour had 8GB or 16GB there is no reason for memory card. The transfer on my Itouch is fast. I never remove my 8GB card from my Tour to take advantage of the faster speed on Dell Studio laptop.

Doesn't matter why it "wins" to someone else nor what someone's opinion on something that is sooooo subjective like how a phone "feels". It could feel like a woman's br**sts to one pers but you could hate it. :D You absolutely simply have to decide (feel, touch, etc) for yourself.

It is a very subjective subject but why shouldn't one be able to ask why somebody prefers something over another? I accepted just the way the phone feels in ones hand as a valid response. I was more interested to find out if maybe one of the phones might of had a feature that others did not have. It really doesn't matter but I have no idea why somebody would care that it was asked. If you don't like the question just move on. Maybe something might be said that is useful to people.

One thing I would bet is that Apple is not going to let its new cash cow fall behind. The next version will jump ahead in some areas, there will be a ton of rumors starting in a few months. They will let it build until the next big launch. They have iPodized the phone market. New features every year just like clockwork (until they pretty much ran out of features to put on the iPod).

None of the changes would make it a better phone.

Personally it has been a wonderful phone in my area. I have had less calls dropped with AT&T than I had with Verizon. Funny part of all of these type of talks is that I dump Verizon for the same reasons that everybody is upset with AT&T. I live in a 3G area and very rarely travel to any area with Edge so I guess I am just lucky.

Is AT&T paying you to say that? :D

That's why I wanted your response to my original post. You really are the oddball in the nation. If I didn't know better I'd think you worked at an AT&T store or maybe an Apple store. But you found your nirvana and we all are happy for you. The rest of us are still frustrated and searching for the perfect device. You're also the first person I ever heard who wants no changes in the iphone. ???

That's why I wanted your response to my original post. You really are the oddball in the nation. If I didn't know better I'd think you worked at an AT&T store or maybe an Apple store. But you found your nirvana and we all are happy for you. The rest of us are still frustrated and searching for the perfect device. You're also the first person I ever heard who wants no changes in the iphone. ???

1st no I do not work for AT&T or Apple. I am just lucky to be in an area that has had really good 3G coverage with them. I also don't really travel with the phone out of my home market so I can not say anything good or bad about other areas.

I have also never remember saying that I don't want any changes with the iPhone. Please show me where I said that. I am very happy with the iPhone right now but there are always improvements that could be made.

Edit: Don, If you go back and look, I agreed with the need of some of the changes that you posted. How is that saying that the phone is perfect and needs no changes?

It is a very subjective subject... It really doesn't matter but I have no idea why somebody would care that it was asked.
You just don't get it.... Everyone here could ohhh and ahhh over something and tell you how great it is (to them) but you might hate it. People have mentioned liking or dis-liking one on-screen keyboard over another or preferring a physical keyboard over and on-screen one.
If you don't like the question just move on.
No

You just don't get it.... Everyone here could ohhh and ahhh over something and tell you how great it is (to them) but you might hate it. People have mentioned liking or dis-liking one on-screen keyboard over another or preferring a physical keyboard over and on-screen one. No

I do get it. What is so wrong to want to know why people like something. It is being curious and nothing more.

FYI--there is actually an official definition of 4G from the ITU, and nothing (including Sprint/Clear or LTE) meets it yet. That defintion is that the system supports 1 Gbps in the downlink and 100 Mbps in the uplink (when stationary, and ideal channel conditions). There is discussion in the 3GPP organization about how to get there, and there is an Advanced version of LTE (called LTE-A) that intends to get there.

I can honestly say that ATT works better in my area than Verizon. Up at the local ski resort I frequent each week, only ATT works on the top of the mountain. I was listening to XM on my iPhone without losing the signal once the entire time I ski. Those with Verizon cannot even make a call unless they are at the lodge.

That's a load of BS. There are plenty of us who have no problems with AT&T service and really like the iPhone. None of the items you listed would add any value to me.

Don, again please point out where anybody has said that the don't want improvments with the iPhone. Oh wait, you can't and that is why you never responded to my last request.