Is the "list" available anywhere?

hobie16

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
USA (Full time RV'er
I used ""the list" to help me determine if my local HD channels will be on eastern or western arc as I travel in my RV. I know it's won't be current but it will be a starting point.

"The List" has been retired. However, I found instructions posted by Dutch in another forum, telling how to access the information that had been there. First, follow this link: SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Subscription dishnetworkmarkets

However, when you go to a city's page and click on the link for the spotbeam map, you will only get a blank box where the map should be. To fix this, right-click inside the blank box, and copy the image location to your clipboard. ("Copy image address" in Chrome, or "Copy Image Location" in Firefox, for example.) Paste that address into your browser's address bar. Then, change "thelist" to "retired" and hit Enter. This will allow you to see the map. This is a clunky, time-consuming process, but it works!

"The List" has been retired. However, I found instructions posted by Dutch in another forum, telling how to access the information that had been there. First, follow this link: SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Subscription dishnetworkmarkets

However, when you go to a city's page and click on the link for the spotbeam map, you will only get a blank box where the map should be. To fix this, right-click inside the blank box, and copy the image location to your clipboard. ("Copy image address" in Chrome, or "Copy Image Location" in Firefox, for example.) Paste that address into your browser's address bar. Then, change "thelist" to "retired" and hit Enter. This will allow you to see the map. This is a clunky, time-consuming process, but it works!
Clunky indeed. It's easier to simply go to James' list and look up your DMA and it will tell you what satellites the locals are on.

Clunky indeed. It's easier to simply go to James' list and look up your DMA and it will tell you what satellites the locals are on.
Yes, it is clunky, but I wrote those instructions for folks that wanted to see the spot beam footprint views. If all you want is to see which arc your locals are on, the posted link alone is all that's needed plus selecting the state and DMA. I agree though, James' listing are much more accurate and almost as easy to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)