Is the new Regular Joey available?

sparc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
Anyone get this yet? IIRC, it has a slightly better processor. Trying to decide if I should swap ours out for the new one.

Anyone get this yet? IIRC, it has a slightly better processor. Trying to decide if I should swap ours out for the new one.

Already been posted that you don't have that option. They consider the two versions of the regular Joey interchangeable. Can't specify which.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If it's available for sale at Dish Depot, Solid Signal, etc, they will definitely distinguish between them. The OP may not be interested in buying a receiver outright though.

If it's available for sale at Dish Depot, Solid Signal, etc, they will definitely distinguish between them. The OP may not be interested in buying a receiver outright though.
If there's a reliable way to get the newer version, I would consider buying it once we get a few more reviews. Buying would avoid extending my contract.

I'm not seeing anything on DishDepot. I don't think i've seen anyone post that they actually have it or how to distinguish between old and new. Different model number? Different markings on the box?

Last edited:
It will have some code or number that differentiates it. The outside box may still just say "Joey" but there will be something... I suspect that retailers will clearly separate them (or more likely, only stock one version).

Sent from my d2lte using Tapatalk

I did not realize there is two different regular Joey versions. I can't find the thread about it. When did Dish come out with a different version? What is the difference between the two?

I think it was in a CES-related thread: There's an updated version of the standard Joey (faster processor, maybe more RAM ?), the Super Joey, and so on...

It will have some code or number that differentiates it. The outside box may still just say "Joey" but there will be something... I suspect that retailers will clearly separate them (or more likely, only stock one version).

Sent from my d2lte using Tapatalk

Solid Signal usually sells items from Dish with the disclaimer,"We sell what Dish gives us,items may be refurbished." Quote may not be verbatim what I posted(but close enough),but I don't think that Solid Signal will distinguish between older or newer model Joeys unless Dish does. I can't speak for Dish Depot.

I stand corrected. DISH will not guarantee one or the other, or so I've read. A retailer might examine the box and send you what you request, or actually have them already segregated and let you order up front what you want. But unless there was a significant price difference, who would order the old version? How would the retailer dump his "old" stock?

My "old" Joey works just fine.

Bumping this thread because I wanted to know whether or not the new "faster" regular Joeys promised around CES have been established as being "in the wild" or not and how to identify them if they are (numbers, codes, etc.).

Neither Dish Depot nor Solid Signal give any indication on their websites that the standard Joey they are selling is a newer version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)