Is the season over yet? - Cincinnati Reds' thread

I would say this season is over. Harang has been horrible this year.

I guess for you Reds fans the season's over before it begins. I mean they fire GM's, Managers', trade players and they don't have anything to show for it. I mean the Reds have been bad this whole decade.
I mean this is more of a question to brainfly and Ramy-What is wrong with this team?
I don't think this team should be this bad.

Dunn's departure, to me, shows they are going to build over again from the farm up! You still have that unbelievable pitcher prospect Homer Bailey :)

The Red's season was over some time in the first week of APRIL!!! :)

I am still boycotting the Reds. Maybe next year I will lift the ban. My mantra is that I will only support one pathetic losing organization a year. So far it's still the Bengals! :)

See ya
Tony

I think Dunn's contract was up. Can anyone confirm that? If so, they would either have to pay him $15 to $20 million a year for half a dozen years or get nothing? They can get better value for their team for that money .

The Reds management has no clue. Not only is this season over, there is nothing in the pipeline to make me think that anything will change.

Dusty Baker was NOT the answer.

If a GM cannot provide the team manage the tools to make a competative (I didn't say winning, I said competative) team, he deserves to get the heave ho. On the financial front, the answer is no. Though the Reds SUCK more that a Dyson vaccuum, they are at least breaking even or slightly in the black. At least that's what a news story said last week.

See ya
Tony

The Reds management has no clue. Not only is this season over, there is nothing in the pipeline to make me think that anything will change.

Dusty Baker was NOT the answer.

After all these years, this franchise has still not recovered from the depletion of scouting and inattention to the minor league system during Marge Schott's reign of terror. They are still trying to catch up, and they have not had the people in place to be able to do it. For example, why does virtually every pitching prospect they sign or draft into the minor leagues turn up injured, grossly ineffective, or have an attitude problem? It is a coaching problem? Is is a medical staff problem? Are their scouts not doing their jobs? All of these? Probably.

Unfortunately, with the current economic landscape of MLB, the Reds will have an even more difficult time recovering. They need to look to teams like the Twins (even though the Reds already tried and failed with Krivsky) to see how a team with a similar financial situation should be run.

After all these years, this franchise has still not recovered from the depletion of scouting and inattention to the minor league system during Marge Schott's reign of terror. They are still trying to catch up, and they have not had the people in place to be able to do it. For example, why does virtually every pitching prospect they sign or draft into the minor leagues turn up injured, grossly ineffective, or have an attitude problem? It is a coaching problem? Is is a medical staff problem? Are their scouts not doing their jobs? All of these? Probably.

Unfortunately, with the current economic landscape of MLB, the Reds will have an even more difficult time recovering. They need to look to teams like the Twins (even though the Reds already tried and failed with Krivsky) to see how a team with a similar financial situation should be run.

You have hit the problem head on Brainfry. I'm a Reds fan from the Big Red Machine days and when Schott fired all theose scouts for doing nothing but watch baseball games I knew the Reds organization was in deep trouble. It will take a lot of time to build the farm system back. I think it's on its way back but it going to take a while to build the depth you need for this. I was never a fan of Dunn so it doesn't bother me that they got rid of him. He was going to walk anyway. Arroyo has said Dunn was going ask for $120 million over five years! Good luck on getting that Dunner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts