Is the Sony 300 HD receiver compatible with the new 5 lnb dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AvoidLloyd

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2004
I just had the H20 and HR20 installed today. I have a Sony 300 that I would like to put in my bedroom now. Is it compatible with the new 5 lnb dishes? The installer was not sure. I told him I would install it later since I had to take the kids out for Halloween. I hooked it up and am not getting a signal. Does anyone know for certain?

I just had the H20 and HR20 installed today. I have a Sony 300 that I would like to put in my bedroom now. Is it compatible with the new 5 lnb dishes? The installer was not sure. I told him I would install it later since I had to take the kids out for Halloween. I hooked it up and am not getting a signal. Does anyone know for certain?

It should work fine, but it will not get any of the mpeg4 channels. Is the Sony still authorized? That's a nice receiver, btw, much better than the D* branded junk.

My HD300 works just fine with KA/KU dish. It just sees it as Triple-Sat.

A saw-buck says the installer hooked up the wrong line to the last port of the ground block. Happens all the time when a receiver isn't hooked up at the time of the install and the tech is not able "positively" tone it out.

I have my Sony HD300 in my RV, and a D* receiver in my home. I was using a 3 LNB dish with my Sony in the RV. I have lost the 3 LNB dish, and want to switch to the 5 LNB Slimline when I replace it.

I too am concerned with "Slimline" compatibility with my Sony HD300. I'm wondering if the signal from 101,110, and 119 will flow thru to my Sony receiver without and additional equipment.

Also comncerned about dish setup each time i move, is there a chart anywhere for Pointing the "Slimline", since it will not be on my Sony Setup menu ? ? ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)