Is there a bug ordering 1080P VOD online?

Tugboat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
So today I tried to order Gravity VOD 1080P and all I got was 1080i. I started by renting it via the remote to see if it liked my TV. When I checked the resolution, my TV said it was 1080P. I then canceled the rental as I have a certificate and needed to order it online to use the certificate. I used the order ID number from the VOD info and all went well. When I went back to my TV it showed that I had rented the movie. That's where the good news ends. I started the movie, but could tell there was something wrong with the resolution. I check my TV and it was 1080i. I stopped and restarted it a few times, but the resolution never changed. I tried the 1080P test again using the Hunger Games VOD and it went into 1080P, so I know it's not my TV.

I think that when you order online, it skips the 1080P test and gives you the 1080i version. Dish replaced the certificate and used as I won't be watching the movie.

Anyone else notice this?

Thanks

Nope, works for me just fine. It tests my tv, then switches to 1080p. Have you EVER been able to stream 1080p from your Dish receiver? A bad hdmi cable alone can stop it from working as high as 1080p. Or, if you have an hdmi switch or device inbetween that's not compliant. My old switch wouldn't pass 3D or 1080p. My new BlueJeans Cable switch does. There's a test in the diagnostics on your receiver that you can check.

Menu, 6, 3, "analysis" "HDMI Test" scroll through the data, and see if the "Supported formats" shows 1080p as one of them.

I have watched a couple of the 1080P VODs in the past. Each time it would do the test when I clicked on the rent button and then asked to confirm the purchase. However, this time I was not doing it from the remote, I was doing it on the website with a certificate. From the VOD list on the receiver's guide I found the one I wanted (Gravity, VOD 1080P) and pressed the info button to get the order code (89895). I then went to the website and put in the code and my certificate number. I then went back to the guide on the receiver and the one I wanted had a red tag on it that read, "rented." I pressed select and it started the movie with no 1080P test, etc.

I did the diag and it said my set had 1080P/24 as well as all the lower ones and 6 others it didn't list.

Nope, works for me just fine. It tests my tv, then switches to 1080p. Have you EVER been able to stream 1080p from your Dish receiver? A bad hdmi cable alone can stop it from working as high as 1080p. Or, if you have an hdmi switch or device inbetween that's not compliant. My old switch wouldn't pass 3D or 1080p. My new BlueJeans Cable switch does. There's a test in the diagnostics on your receiver that you can check.

Menu, 6, 3, "analysis" "HDMI Test" scroll through the data, and see if the "Supported formats" shows 1080p as one of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts