Is there a free HD system out there?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sobonefnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
PA
I want DirecTV HD, is there an offer anywhere for free system/install for new customers?? Thanks

sobonefnet said:
I want DirecTV HD, is there an offer anywhere for free system/install for new customers?? Thanks

H-20's for $ 200, with a $ 200 rebate thru D*, not sure if there is an install fee, or if it is for NEW subs or not.
The guy at BB today told me the H-20's were for $ 200 and there was a sign with it saying Rebate $ 200, I asked about it and he said , they were somewhat confused about the rebate, some were getting it , some not,. but he did not know why.
I felt like explaining it to him, but didn't want to waste my time if D* is not willing to tell them.

Personally , I would call D* and ask what HD specials they have.

Jimbo

yeah but you forgot to mention the two year jail sentence and the fact that D* doesnt offer any HD at the moment. Its all downrezzed and bit starved. Watching and recording the "HD" premiere of "shakespeare in love" on HDnet movies and I do believe I saw the sky macroblock in the opening shot :rolleyes:

vurbano said:
yeah but you forgot to mention the two year jail sentence and the fact that D* doesnt offer any HD at the moment. Its all downrezzed and bit starved. Watching and recording the "HD" premiere of "shakespeare in love" on HDnet movies and I do believe I saw the sky macroblock in the opening shot :rolleyes:
Yet, your still a customer. :rolleyes:

Tonedeaf said:
Yet, your still a customer. :rolleyes:

Yeah Vurbano, whats up? LOL

You should just forget about the 100's of $$$'s invested in their equipment, the holes drilled in your house, and your service commitment, and then go through the hassle of finding another provider..

And most of all, you are required to be happy about it :D

IF you are happy with this level of PQ I feel sorry for you. If it doesnt improve after Mpeg4 I will leave. That will be a clear signal that D* doesnt give a rats ass about PQ after they have all of that bandwidth in the air. Why am I still a customer? Because of the large investment I have in equipment and the Hd movies I extract and burn to DVD do look better than normal DVD after my linkplayer plays them. But if I was a new customer with no equipment as the OP is then the decision would be either cable or Dish until D* at least provides real HD.

Bottom line is that the DIsh network HD is a ton better than what Direct is offering now. I couldn't take it anymore ...so I dropped the Direct HD pack and bought a 811 HD Dish receiver and signed up for the HD pack plus VOOM for 20 bucks a mth. 9 bucks more a mth and I have my HD back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)