Is there a quieter dish remote?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

NABRIL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Hello
Is there a quieter dish remote for the hopper 3 and joeys than the 52.0? When pressing a button, the click noise is extremely loud while someone else sleeps.

Our 54's have clicky noise especially on the CH & Volume up/down...Our 40's are very quiet and actually have a few extra bells...But no Microphone.

Thank you. How do I get a 40? I dont need a microphone

When I ordered Dish, I asked for two 40's & 5 54's to go with the H3 & 2 4KJ's...They balked at 1st and said I could purchase the extra remotes...I said Then-No Deal W/O being included.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Heaven forbid that somebody would actually pay for additional remotes that they want rather than threaten to cancel and make everybody else pay instead.
In this case, the Topic Starter was also asking in another thread about the free antenna that Dish is offering because of the Univision dispute. So, calling to threaten to cancel may be more justified in this particular instance.

Our 54's have clicky noise especially on the CH & Volume up/down...Our 40's are very quiet and actually have a few extra bells...But no Microphone.

LQQK. A good contact at dish will send me a 40 remote, but they reiterate that it is an older remote. Does it have the same functionality as the 50s?

LQQK. A good contact at dish will send me a 40 remote, but they reiterate that it is an older remote. Does it have the same functionality as the 50s?
No voice control with the 40, but it does have a lot more buttons, with dedicated buttons for things that require a longer button press, or customizing a diamond button, on the 50s.

No voice control with the 40, but it does have a lot more buttons, with dedicated buttons for things that require a longer button press, or customizing a diamond button, on the 50s.

Like crodrules said, no mike but extra useful button commands, especially useful for DVR use...Also, it's IRF is stronger than the 54's. I can bounce off walls & ceiling with the 40 and not with my 54's...Huge, IMC when sitting at the other end of one of my rooms and the AVR is not in the line of site

Reactions: pattykay
In this case, the Topic Starter was also asking in another thread about the free antenna that Dish is offering because of the Univision dispute. So, calling to threaten to cancel may be more justified in this particular instance.

I didn't hear anything about Dish 'offering' free antennas. They may be forced to send somebody a free antenna if they're called and pressured into it. And everybody else pays for it.

I have no patience for people who call Dish, or any business for that matter, at the drop of a hat looking for something for nothing just because they think they can.

Reactions: glynnp
...and as NABRIL (the topic starter in this thread) said: Univision Communications Inc. Walks Away from Negotiation Table,

That sounds like someone with a legitimate reason for asking about it, to me.

And what about where you posted that you were going to call and get another free antenna like you did the last time a channel went off? Do you speak spanish and watch Telemundo regularly?

Just start a conversation with Dish through online chat. I already requested mine. I'll let you know how it goes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts