Is there a real manual for the Hopper 3 and 4k Joeys?

gblaue

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
Massachusetts
I am beginning to think that these boxes don't put out 4k, unless they are playing 4k content. My hopper and my joey, on both my 4k sets both show 1080p in the diagnostics tab in settings. I thought these boxes upconverted everything to 4k. Neither of my tvs are detecting 4k signal.

I am beginning to think that these boxes don't put out 4k, unless they are playing 4k content. My hopper and my joey, on both my 4k sets both show 1080p in the diagnostics tab in settings. I thought these boxes upconverted everything to 4k. Neither of my tvs are detecting 4k signal.
No, the source has to be putting out 4K. There is 4K in the vod section, and they say there will be on ch 1 and 500 when they load after a few days. When channels broadcast in 4K it will as well in the future. Hopefully this year we will see some linear.

Reactions: peggy97850
Your new Hopper will output 1080I at all times unless you are watching a 4K or 1080P PPV or VOD, and maybe later linear 4K. This is by design. Your 4KTV will do a much better job of up-converting the signal than the receiver would. All of that is provided you have the video set to 1080I/1080P/4K on the Hopper....

No, the source has to be putting out 4K. There is 4K in the vod section, and they say there will be on ch 1 and 500 when they load after a few days. When channels broadcast in 4K it will as well in the future. Hopefully this year we will see some linear.
I missed footnote 1 in the feature sheet. Oops. Has anybody been able to stream 4k, like Defiance, yet. I, like many others, keep getting the fault screen saying that my receiver does not have enough internet bandwidth. I know it's definitely not the case in my house. I've even changed from wired to wireless. I've got 60Mbps service, and getting every bit of it. Netflix and Amazon are streaming seamless in 4k.

I missed footnote 1 in the feature sheet. Oops. Has anybody been able to stream 4k, like Defiance, yet. I, like many others, keep getting the fault screen saying that my receiver does not have enough internet bandwidth. I know it's definitely not the case in my house. I've even changed from wired to wireless. I've got 60Mbps service, and getting every bit of it. Netflix and Amazon are streaming seamless in 4k.

There have been a few members here who have already watched a 4K movie. I know Scott watch Spider-Man in 4K and said it looked amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)