Is there a real manual for the voom receiver somewhere?

jagouar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 29, 2004
College Station, TX
Not the small booklet that comes with the box, something that shows you all the little quirks of the system?

Also on a related note I dont have the Va Va voom package, just the regualr one and other that using favorites is there somewhere in the setup where you can only display the channels you actually have? Al la what dish does where you can only choose to display subscribed channels? It really is quite annoying because I watch alot of the HD only chans and to get to the other ones ESPN and the SD ones you have to guide through all teh HBO, Cinemax and movie channels when I cant watch them so theres no need for them to be in my guide. I was hoping theres a way that I didnt see last night (got it installed yesterday)

Nope. Check the FAQ's found in this forum, it's your best source of info. Favorites are explained in the manual, did you actually read it? I know that's an un-guy thing to do, but it's very helpful.

jagouar said:
Not the small booklet that comes with the box, something that shows you all the little quirks of the system?

Also on a related note I dont have the Va Va voom package, just the regualr one and other that using favorites is there somewhere in the setup where you can only display the channels you actually have? Al la what dish does where you can only choose to display subscribed channels? It really is quite annoying because I watch alot of the HD only chans and to get to the other ones ESPN and the SD ones you have to guide through all teh HBO, Cinemax and movie channels when I cant watch them so theres no need for them to be in my guide. I was hoping theres a way that I didnt see last night (got it installed yesterday)
Voom Master Content Guide.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=20677

I read that and setup a favorties list (unless i missed the proper topic) i want to change the main guide to only show my subbed channels and the HD only guide to show just the channels I can get.

I did setup favorites with my channels but I would like to occationally use the "HD only" option and i see no way to remove the movie channels from there.

DarrellP said:
Can't do that....yet. Hopefully Voom is listening to us and will change it.

figured it wasnt there but i also though since ive had it a grand total of 1 day I might have missed something... hopefully it will be able to access your account and see that you only have certain programming and automatically give you onlyn your programming in the guide. I do like the actual guide more than dish because you dont have to wait 5 mins for it to show the mini window of teh channel your currently on.

jagouar said:
I do like the actual guide more than dish because you dont have to wait 5 mins for it to show the mini window of teh channel your currently on.
Unless you have a Dish DVR, then it's instantaneous.

The DIsh PG holds like 4 characters of information, want to scan ahead for a few hours you get a "please wait while downloading 4 more bytes of info"

Dvlos said:
The DIsh PG holds like 4 characters of information, want to scan ahead for a few hours you get a "please wait while downloading 4 more bytes of info"
On the 6000, yes, this POS drives me up a WALL! :mad:

DarrellP said:
On the 6000, yes, this POS drives me up a WALL! :mad:

Even on the 301 mine would take literally 5 mins to start playing the channel in the small window.... it would say wait while we download the channel or something.

And dont even start me on the 6000 ;)

jagouar said:

You are reading it, Bub! The complete, unauthorized manual!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)