IS THERE a S2 AND AC3 WORK-AROUND?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

T4Runner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2010
37.0N 119.5W California
As more and more satellite distribution turns to S2 video and AC3 audio, my "other" satellite boxes are becoming obsolete for what I watch on C Band with my OPENBOX S9. I have a 5ft extra C Band dish I was going to lock onto 87W when I realized I only have one satellite receiver that can get most of the channels!

So is there any kind of solution for the AC3 audio besides buying another OPENBOX or a new stereo system?

I'm going to be having a fire sale on the pile of dishes and several satellite receivers I've got.

I bought a cyberhome decoder a few years ago. (Cheap) Used with my 3500 which is now my tune up-testing box. Since then I've found another decoder on ebay, search for HD Audio Rush. I haven't bought one, and todays listings have a 3 or 7 day return policiy, so kind of leary. Did find something interesting though. Making the HD Audio Rush work better. hxxp://www.dr-lex.be/hardware/hdar_review.html I Dunno.(???)but I think I'd go for another Openbox, Manhattan or wait for the next "latest and greatest" Think SatAV had something in the works. Maybe it'll be out by Christmas.

yep the cyberhome or sonic voom headphones work great. Dont use the headphones, just hook up a 1/8" to 2 rca adapter and you can hook it up to the TV just fine

do a search because there are lots of threads on it

I had been getting both S2 and AC3 for a couple of years after I upgraded to a Pansat 9200. Then it quit and I had to find a newer receiver. So I bought an Openbox S10 from China. It costs $95, which included shipping. When I pointed it at 125W ku, I picked up Oklahoma and Louisiana ETV. And a couple of the channels are high def. The big advantage in a late-model receiver is that periodic software upgrades come out that allow you to get more programming with less difficulty than the older discontinued models. Just my two cents. Happy satellite hunting!

There is a Sonic Voom on Ebay which you could probably get for a little under $30.
It is a little high priced but they are not easy to find anymore. You can spend some money on the Sonic Voom and keep your receiver(s) or spend even more and get another receiver like was mentioned earlier. I have a OpenBox S9 and it has been great! :)

**There are 2 listings now. Just type in Cyberhome

Last edited:
I do already have an OPENBOX S9, so I agree that it is the easiest solution to just get another OPENBOX. But, ... We all can't just keep on buying new sat receivers can we?

I do try my best to buy stuff! :D

My daughter claims to have found 10 different satellite receivers of mine but
I could only find 4 different Nintendo DS systems in her room. :eek:

I do try my best to buy stuff! :D

My daughter claims to have found 10 different satellite receivers of mine but
I could only find 4 different Nintendo DS systems in her room. :eek:

It would not be a good idea for me to put in writing here for my wife to see, how many satellite receivers I actually have....

I avoid the subject...LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)