is there a section for posting your fta equipment for sale?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

4sakntaln

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
Yep that sums it up. Just seems to me like fta is more or less too dried up to hook my wife's attention. So I need to post my stuffs. Craigslist hasn't moved and ebay's fees are too high. I didn't see if a section here so thought I would ask.

Pub members can post in the Classified section.

Yep that sums it up. Just seems to me like fta is more or less too dried up to hook my wife's attention. So I need to post my stuffs. Craigslist hasn't moved and ebay's fees are too high. I didn't see if a section here so thought I would ask.

And you thought that Ebays fee was too high? Only Pub members can post in the classified section. How's that working for you? :oldwink

Reactions: kittyhas1000legs

You have to be a paying member to sell your stuff here. If a person paid to be some special member for every website, they'd have no money left! I got bored with 97w and shoved it all back in the garage. If you don't have a big C band dish, and a high definition receiver, you wont find much. I may just see how much I can get for my dish at the scrap yard.

Your right, it wouldn't be worth it just to post an ad! :D I wouldn't keep my FTA system either if it were a fixed dish on 97w. Interesting satellite, but not very entertaining.

For me it isn't about being treated like anything special, it is simply about supporting a forum for a hobby that I enjoy and participate in. Yes, I get a few benefits as a thanks for being a Pub Supporter, but I certainly don't subscribe for the benefits!

If a person paid to be some special member for every website, they'd have no money left!

it is simply about supporting a forum for a hobby that I enjoy and participate in

That is it right there! It is nothing per month to support a forum for a hobby you have a great interest in. If you had that many hobbies that you could pay tons of websites, and if you had the time to spend on all those hobbies...I would assume one would be rich enough not to have to work. So paying web sites would be nothing to all the money dumped into the said hobbies.

Reactions: Mr Tony
FTA is a hobby! My wife is NOT interested in FTA, I tried to get her to watch it. I joked about bringing it to the main TV in the living room, but she shot me down! ;) For me it is about the news! It is about getting away from the main stream media on cable. I am a news junkie!! Right now I do have some fixed dishes, but I am watching 97W, 95W, and 113W. I guess you have to be interested in a certain aspect of FTA to stick with it. Some people like programming other than news. I am stuck on KU for now, but one day I will grow up and move to C-Band if I can score a nice dish.

You have to be a paying member to sell your stuff here. If a person paid to be some special member for every website, they'd have no money left! I got bored with 97w and shoved it all back in the garage. If you don't have a big C band dish, and a high definition receiver, you wont find much. I may just see how much I can get for my dish at the scrap yard.
Hang in there.The most frustrating thing for me is there is a lot of pure junk being sold today,and does not work as advertised.This can be a very rewarding hobby,just put your dish away for a while and try and chill out,you can come back to it later.There is a ton of stuff to watch,that you can't get anywhere else.Hang in there!

Reactions: TheHamNerd
FTA is a hobby! My wife is NOT interested in FTA, I tried to get her to watch it. I joked about bringing it to the main TV in the living room, but she shot me down! ;) For me it is about the news! It is about getting away from the main stream media on cable. I am a news junkie!! Right now I do have some fixed dishes, but I am watching 97W, 95W, and 113W. I guess you have to be interested in a certain aspect of FTA to stick with it. Some people like programming other than news. I am stuck on KU for now, but one day I will grow up and move to C-Band if I can score a nice dish.

I'd love to get C band...even with an acre's worth of yard my wife still says no to the big useful device errr bud

Hang in there.The most frustrating thing for me is there is a lot of pure junk being sold today,and does not work as advertised.This can be a very rewarding hobby,just put your dish away for a while and try and chill out,you can come back to it later.There is a ton of stuff to watch,that you can't get anywhere else.Hang in there!

Maybe you're right. I just need to get a HD receiver, and a c band dish, not having any of that really limits my choices.

My wife is not too excited (like not at all) about FTA either. However, and its a BIG however, she always asks me if there is a movie on tonight we can watch, and we only watch FTA C Band movies... All across the Clark belt.

Guess I'm fairly lucky in that regard. We cut back due to loss of income and my wife was not pleased with FTA (especially when we only had a motorized ku dish). Once I got the motorized c band up she pretty much stopped complaining and actually enjoys a lot of the shows.:) She won't learn how to run the equipment though.:rolleyes:

Guess I'm fairly lucky in that regard. We cut back due to loss of income and my wife was not pleased with FTA (especially when we only had a motorized ku dish). Once I got the motorized c band up she pretty much stopped complaining and actually enjoys a lot of the shows.:) She won't learn how to run the equipment though.:rolleyes:

My wife is the same, she enjoys a lot of the programming off of the C band dish, but she won't learn how to use the equipment. Says she's afraid to mess it up. My daughter has it down pretty good though. Neither one of them give me any flack about all the dishes in the yard or the time I spend on FTA, opposite actually, so I'm pretty fortunate there too. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts