Outernet Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTL_Ian

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Keene, NH
I've purchased the equipment to setup Outernet, but I want to test the 461e first. Plugged it into the same line which was feeding my Traxis DBS4000. The Traxis can see hundreds of channels, the 461e only 19.

Note, I'm not powering the 461e from the adapter, only via USB. Is that why it can't see most channels, or is it because the data files they are using to scan for channels are outdated? They refer to 97W as Telstar 5, which has been inaccurate since 2008, long before this device was available on the market.

Also, on the few channels I do get, the signal quality meter is much lower on the 461e than on my Traxis.

Anyone else gotten this to work properly on G19?

Thanks!

We have the 461e receiving G19 in Detroit and Boston. I can't comment on using the 461e independent of our setup, though. I can say that low-power to the tuner does negatively impact reception quality--that we have seen.

While we're on the subject of receivers: Does anyone know how to get a hold of this one: http://www.wetek.com
The Wetek Play appears to be both Android and Linux friendly. Based on the specs, I'm guessing that it's not that expensive of an STB (I've bought other similar ones for less than $100).

Sure - it's all up on the outernet discussion forums. The PCTV 461e, a Raspberry PI B, a USB Wifi device. Whether or not that will all work when I try to put it together is another matter. Right now, I am unable to get the 461e to see any transponder besides 11874

Status
Please reply by conversation.