Is there a way to add a 2nd dual tuner DVR to my account?

jollygrunt

Arsenal Fan
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 16, 2005
Republic of Texas
I've already got a 4-room set-up, but now I want to add another dual tuner DVR to one other bedroom.

Would I be allowed to open a 2nd account using my current address and lease a 625?

Your only option if you are currently leasing is to buy the 625 outright and add it to your existing account. A maximum of 4 tuners on a leased account is DISH's policy. A new customer only once is also a DISH policy.

Advantage of buying, will only cost $10 per month ($5 DVR, $5 additional receiver) instead of full cost of the package for a second account.

No customer can have two 625's or 522's on their account. The csr software won't even let you do it. I assume this is the case even if you buy the dvr, but the 522 nor the 625 are supposed to be available for anything other than lease.

tjbeckett said:
No customer can have two 625's or 522's on their account. The csr software won't even let you do it. I assume this is the case even if you buy the dvr, but the 522 nor the 625 are supposed to be available for anything other than lease.

Where have you been?? You can buy both the 522 and 625 outright without going the lease option.

davemanfl said:
Where have you been?? You can buy both the 522 and 625 outright without going the lease option.
Sorry, that must be on the Retail end, working directly for them, there are no options that would allow you to buy one........

tjbeckett said:

I would note that I have had 2 522s on my account since last fall. I bought them on EBay (and sold my 501s for almost the same price).

Brad

625/522 info

Actually. You can only get 522s from retailers now. And u can do a RETAIL DISHing it up and add a 2nd dual tuner. and 625/522 combos are now possible on retail accounts.

I have had two 522's on my account for a while now. A CSR said that he didn't even know you could do that. I said that I bought mine outright so thats why I can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts