Is there a way to download your channels for editing???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wildeye

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
I have pansat 2700a I would like to backup and edit my current list. Then move them to a spread sheet or somthing for safe keeping.

yep you should be able to upload the channels from the reciever directly into CM, edit them and download them back. i did it with my pansat 1500. Works really slick :)

it might...some receivers work directly with it. Others you have to upload your channels via the receivers "loader", then open it with CM

My Coolsat I have to use the Coolsat Loader to upload it to my computer, then open it in CM. The Fortec may do that too. i'll have to check

to download software updates and upload/download channel list for easy editnig. I havent tried it with the Fortec yet....let me try it tonight (I only have a couple channels in it so if I screw up its no biggie) :)

G10 can be a bugger too especially if you label them like I use to

As an example
KWWF 22 RTN
WMQF 19 FOX

etc

Channel Master has an update for the loader. I think it's like May 9. The Fortec Ultra or Lifetime is in it, but I don't know if they are new or were already there. There are several new ones.

Al

CM works with the Lifetime Classic NA if you use Fortec's downloader to get the channels from the receiver and then import the cdf file into CM. You export the CM to a Fortec cdf file and use that and the Fortec downloader to update the receiver.

CM has an entry for directly linking to Fortec receivers but I couldn't get it to work that way. It may be that my serial port isn't a "real" one, it's a USB adapter.

I just tried doing it directly from CM to the FOrtec and no go (I use a serial port)

but Fortec has their own channel editor built in if you use that (but CM works much better) :)

thanks for trying!

Iceberg said:
I just tried doing it directly from CM to the FOrtec and no go (I use a serial port)

but Fortec has their own channel editor built in if you use that (but CM works much better) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)