Is there a way to get free Install and free Equip?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

akgarrett62

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2008
Cookeville, TN
before, when they said I didn't have LOS, i mentioned a Dish offer and they were just about willing to "give me the world" for free.

anyone have that success, or any tips on how to get Install and HD Equip 4 free?

mmm...Not free but if you read through this forum you will see many discounts you can get.

I have Directv being installed Tomorrow. They offered me free install and HD DVR. I also have a second SD DVR which cost me $99.99. I was offered up to 3 SD receivers for free along with the HD DVR. I didn't need them. Everything was done through Directv so it should be good on the free equipment and install. YOu will only get one DVR free after that it will cost you. If you want it installed soon call a Authorize reseller for faster install.

before, when they said I didn't have LOS, i mentioned a Dish offer and they were just about willing to "give me the world" for free.

anyone have that success, or any tips on how to get Install and HD Equip 4 free?
If you have a AAA card and search the forum for the AAA , you can get a promotion for 1 HD DVR, 1 HD receiver and 3 SD receivers free and free installation.

Truth about Installs

Keep in mind free isn't always free as far as the install goes. D* will give you a free BASIC install... which includes...

- Walk through as to what is to take place in terms of installation
- Installation of the dish on the structure
- System bonded to the homes electrical ground
- Up to 100' of total cable (most techs/subs wont charge for more cable unless it has to be trenched or attached)
- Penetration of 1 wall or 1 floor (does not include fishing to attic or crawl space through the wall)
- Hooking the Rec's up to a Phone line up to 25' away (doesn't include running home runs anymore)
- Hooking up a VCR or Surround (ie running RG6 from Rec to VCR to TV or Running Audio Cables up to 4' from output from rec to input on surround, doesn't include actual installation of your Surround or a DVD (but most will "plug" your DVD in.)
- Customer Education on how it all works

Things that you may be charged by the tech for...

- Pole Mounts
- Non-Penetrating Mounts
- Specialty Mounts
- Cable runs over 100'
- Trenching by hand
- Wall Fishing (per line)
- Additions to a work order (adding receivers, changing dish types)
- Mirror Lines (1 TV shown on multiple TV's)
- Convenience outlets (outlets not to be used for initial install.. ie "can you put a line in the kitchen so we can move a rec in here for thanksgiving..")
- Replacing current cable that is within current spec (RG6/75ohm/2200mhtz)

Generally when you place your order they will give you a HDDVR and 3 Std, only the AAA will give you a HDDVR and a HD box guaranteed at no extra cost. At times you may be able to get a CSR to give you an addition HD box but seriously unlikely. So if you wanted a 4 ROOM 100% HD system installed be prepared to pay up to $320 for the other HD boxes. You may also ask the CSR if you can get your lines fished free or on a pole mount free and for some stupid reason they may say "sure" but it will not be the case.

People have said they have gotten this or that for free but as stated it really is few and far between. I know my Father and my Sister have both tried to get Free Upgrades when they already had the Adv Equipment to no avail and that's with me coaching them.

You mentioned you had a LOS issue... do you feel they were lying or did you take care of any issues that may prevent you from obtaining service?

Keep in mind free isn't always free as far as the install goes. D* will give you a free BASIC install... which includes...

- Walk through as to what is to take place in terms of installation
- Installation of the dish on the structure
- System bonded to the homes electrical ground
- Up to 100' of total cable (most techs/subs wont charge for more cable unless it has to be trenched or attached)
- Penetration of 1 wall or 1 floor (does not include fishing to attic or crawl space through the wall)
- Hooking the Rec's up to a Phone line up to 25' away (doesn't include running home runs anymore)
- Hooking up a VCR or Surround (ie running RG6 from Rec to VCR to TV or Running Audio Cables up to 4' from output from rec to input on surround, doesn't include actual installation of your Surround or a DVD (but most will "plug" your DVD in.)
- Customer Education on how it all works

Things that you may be charged by the tech for...

- Pole Mounts
- Non-Penetrating Mounts
- Specialty Mounts
- Cable runs over 100'
- Trenching by hand
- Wall Fishing (per line)
- Additions to a work order (adding receivers, changing dish types)
- Mirror Lines (1 TV shown on multiple TV's)
- Convenience outlets (outlets not to be used for initial install.. ie "can you put a line in the kitchen so we can move a rec in here for thanksgiving..")
- Replacing current cable that is within current spec (RG6/75ohm/2200mhtz)

Generally when you place your order they will give you a HDDVR and 3 Std, only the AAA will give you a HDDVR and a HD box guaranteed at no extra cost. At times you may be able to get a CSR to give you an addition HD box but seriously unlikely. So if you wanted a 4 ROOM 100% HD system installed be prepared to pay up to $320 for the other HD boxes. You may also ask the CSR if you can get your lines fished free or on a pole mount free and for some stupid reason they may say "sure" but it will not be the case.

People have said they have gotten this or that for free but as stated it really is few and far between. I know my Father and my Sister have both tried to get Free Upgrades when they already had the Adv Equipment to no avail and that's with me coaching them.

You mentioned you had a LOS issue... do you feel they were lying or did you take care of any issues that may prevent you from obtaining service?

I am sure I have the 3 LNB LOS for the 99, 101, 103. Dishpointer says the azimuth is from about 205 - 209 degrees. Is that correct that the span on those 3 main sats in not much? ...cause if i'm already p/u the 101 then I should be able for sure to get the LOS on the 99 and 103.

make sense?

If you have a AAA card and search the forum for the AAA , you can get a promotion for 1 HD DVR, 1 HD receiver and 3 SD receivers free and free installation.

Where did you see this? I couldn't find the extra HD receiver part.

I am considering, if I can get 2 HDVRs and install for $100. My question is, my wiring is excellent, I currently have a pole mount free los from about 96-129. Will there be an extra charge with my setup for install?:D

Thanks for all the great info. Newbie here, currently on Comcrap and looking to escape. Have HD so probably will use the AAA method for the free HD DVR upgrade and (possible) 2nd SD DVR.

Wondering what the best coupon codes are for any deals on monthly pricing? Should I start my own thread or has that been asked a lot here? I have searched a little bit, but admittedly not a lot (yet). Leaning towards "Choice" plan currently discounted to $29.99 from $52.99 for 12 months.

Thanks.

FWIW, this is what I got from two seperate CSRs for 2 HD-DVRs and Plus HD-DVR service:

54.98/month for first year - 10/month (for AAA discount) - 10/month for 5 months (referral from admin): 34.98/month for 5 months. not too bad.
(plus 99.99 fee for additional HD-DVR).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts