Is there a way to stop it from recording these ad's?

dan188 said:
Can't dish just have it get recorded on the vod part of the hardrive

Then their subscribers would not see it.

I check my dvr events daily and catch these often. Not that hard to tell it to skip the event or delete the timer. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Then their subscribers would not see it.

I check my dvr events daily and catch these often. Not that hard to tell it to skip the event or delete the timer.
Be assured, Dish puts it where they do on purpose. As you say, if they put it on the VOD part, some people would NEVER see it. Most people with DVRs, I presume, access "My Recordings" multiple times a day.

As for skipping it, many people don't pay a lot of attention to the 'schedule' or 'timers' portion of their DVR. I've got an idea though..... someone start a thread here that lists any upcoming timers they catch on their DVR !! That way, people who care (or get heartache over this!!!) can subscribe to it and then have no excuse. People have to remember to SKIP the event too. If you DELETE it, Dish will add it back.

Just out of curiosity when you get a new DVR does it still download the "this is how you use your DVR" video?
I think when I activated the 625 for my dad a year ago it downloaded that video...use to be able to watch it on free to air until Charlie scrambled all chanenls except for 101...and before someone says it..no it wasnt stealing. Dish use to have some channels unencrypted and FTA receivers could get them. 101, Nasa, Angel One, all the dish slates (dish 500, looking at 61.5, etc), Dish 100 (all we could do was change audio), that DVR video (it was on channel 9945), Ion and even the CD/mono audio channels. Then the audio got scrambled and when Dish upgraded cards to purple about 3-4 months later they nuked everything but 101

Ice,
Yes. I replaced my 722 a few weeks ago and the next morning the "how to..." programs had been recorded.

What happens if you happen to already have 2 other things set to record at the time that the ad (spam) is set to record? Does the ad automatically get higher priority, thus skipping one of your timers? I'd have a problem with that.

What happens if you happen to already have 2 other things set to record at the time that the ad (spam) is set to record? Does the ad automatically get higher priority, thus skipping one of your timers? I'd have a problem with that.

No the timer always gets put on the bottom of the priorities (last timer on the timer list.) It will be automatically skipped.

... There will always be Dish apologists on this site that are not only always ok with everything the company does, they will assign blame to those who don't. ...
They're kind of balanced out by the folks that find fault with everything that Dish does. However, I don't think you'll understand that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts