Is there an app for the Hopper 3 to watch Amazon Video or just netflix?

rexlan

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 15, 2009
Couple of shows on Amazon I'd like to watch on my big screen with the Hopper connected.

Reactions: gasman882001
bluegras

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 18, 2008
people have been asking for Amazon to come next on the hopper 3 instead of watching netlflix all the time.

xfoneguy

xfoneguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 25, 2008
Duvall, WA
Best option (I think, anyway) is to get a Roku or Amazon Fire box - or a "Smart TV" (like Samsung) that has a lot of popular apps "built-in". The Netflix app that is resident in my TV works much better than the Dish version.

Reactions: rmoore3d
comfortably_numb

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
The Netflix app on the Hopper 3 also doesn't pass through DD 5.1 surround. I never use the Hopper for Netflix. Almost any other device provides a better experience

Reactions: HipKat
n0qcu

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
The Hopper Netflix is the only way I can get DD 5.x audio

xfoneguy

xfoneguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 25, 2008
Duvall, WA
Best option (I think, anyway) is to get a Roku or Amazon Fire box - or a "Smart TV" (like Samsung) that has a lot of popular apps "built-in". The Netflix app that is resident in my TV works much better than the Dish version.
Just to clarify: I meant "something LIKE" a Roku or Amazon Fire - there a several other good boxes out there as well, such as Apple TV.

rexlan

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 15, 2009
I have a Roku and Fire Stick but I wanted to watch in my home theater with the projector so need to use the Hopper or have to mess with cables.

Was looking for an easy fix.

O

odbrv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 21, 2004
Lubbock, Tx
I get 5.1 Netflix audio using the optical output to a Pioneer 7.2 audio receiver .

ChadT41

ChadT41

THE BEST THERE HAS EVER BEEN
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 20, 2014
Mesa, Az
I have a feeling that the Amazon app will be available in the nearer future, with all the work they have been doing with Amazon lately. It appeared there was a relationship with Apple, but that relationship was short lived.