Is there any problem with this setup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
I want to buy a SWM13 for my main setup in Minot with 1 HR44, 2 HR24's & 2 H24's all off a SWM13. Then I take my current SWM3 up to the Canadian home that already has 2 HR24's and add a H24 there. I'm thinking in theory both setups should work well. Also just as an fyi, we are either here or there not at both places at once so no stacking going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That should work. I know there can be issues going from a non swm to a swm setup, but I don't know if the swm13 would post any unusual problems.

That should work. I know there can be issues going from a non swm to a swm setup, but I don't know if the swm13 would post any unusual problems.
Chip,
Its the other way around ....
If you have a SWM set up the SWM will detect the new recvr on its own.
Going back the other way can sometimes be difficult.

You are correct Jimbo, I wasn't very careful how I wrote it.

Besides being illegal in Canada and violating your agreement with DTV, nope, no problems there. I'm surprised the admin allows posts like this and the other recent one.

I'm a duel citizen and the wife's Canadian. I wouldn't even consider not having It there, just like we have Bell here as well as there, no stacking going on as we can only be at one place at a time.

Without getting into a debate over the matter, I will say this much. I have a cousin on my Canadian side of the family who is very high up in the RCMP and a while back I asked him how long till they start going after end users? He had a real good laugh over that one, once he realized I was serious he said and I quote "the government or the police will never ever go after end users, dealers & resellers on the Canadian side yes, but end users never and believe me there are a lot of them. Also if I was strictly a Canadian and only lived there I wouldn't have it either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts