Is there any USA based phone support?

Mike

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 28, 2003
The current overseas support makes me want to slit my wrists and then murder a van full of kittens. (replace all occurrences of "kittens" with "puppies" if the former does not generate adequate empathy)

Is there any way to contact USA based support for Sirius/XM?

Their van-full-of-kittens-murdering overseas support managed to send me too many replacement radios. Then they told me that to send back these erroneous radios would incur even more fees on top of other fees that I never consented to.

So I just have these extra radios sitting and gathering dust. The one good radio that they did send me is great; I had an old Sirius model that allowed you to "DVR" one channel at a time for 60 minutes. The new model blows this out of the water - you can DVR your choice of 18 channels, each one for 60 minutes, and this is on the XM network, which has much better sound quality to my ears (I could care less about Howard Stern).

I love this new radio, but I hate literally every other aspect of my dealings with Sirius XM. Please save the kittens(/ puppies maybe), if you happen to know how to contact them in a less small-mammal-endangering way!

Sorry, I can't help ....
I have had nothing but grief whenever contacting them ....
Anywhere from they can't understand what I'm talking about, to me not being able to understand them, to them always badgering me to get a new radio I don't need.

At one time I had considered buying a new Home recvr, Yamaha, that had a Sirius/XM recvr built into it, till I found out that there a
was another charge to use it.

I have often times thought about cancelling it all together, but ended up dropping a few radios, now only use the ones built into the c
vehicles.

I have had SXM (XM back then) since about when they invented it, and it, from jump street, has always had south Asian based phone support. And not just that, but really poor south Asian phone support. These people simply cannot speak English well enough to have a proper interaction with customers.

The second issue, if you actually need technical help, is to understand that nobody you are talking to has ever seen an SXM radio. They are on the other side of the world from the signals. All they are doing is looking up stuff you can look up on the internet and trying to read it to you. You can do better just reading it for yourself.

It should be noted that you can do most things for yourself on the internet, except cancel a radio. I had to cancel a radio recently (wife got a new job with a company car so we sold her car) and it was painful to talk to these people. Just kept reading the scripts and offering me free stuff. I said like 5 times that I just did not need the radio anymore and there was zero chance the lady understood what I was saying. I barely understood her.

AFAIK, there are no US/Canada based CSRs for SXM.

Which brings up one of those questions that probably I just am dumb and don't understand. I get taking CSR work off-shore. People "over there" make pennies and all of that. But, why India? Most Americans think anybody with a British accent is a genius. Why not do CSR off-shore in places like the ex-British Carribbean or South Africa or Nigeria. Where people speak English as their FIRST language.

Reactions: reddice
I haven't had many reasons to call support over the years, primarily only to cancel or swap radios, but it's more of an aggravating experience then it should be. Years ago, after the merger, but before the billing systems were combined, I had a Sony A/V Receiver that had a built in XM tuner, and I replaced it with a much newer A/V Receiver that had a built in Sirius tuner. Whatever country these people are in, with whatever language they speak, it took me hanging up and calling back three times before someone to understand what my end goal was, and ever then I don't think he understand me, because I sure as hell didn't understand much of what he said. The first person suggested that I move the receiver to another room. Yeah, I'm going to wire up another 7.1 audio system just to utilize the XM functionality :rolleyes The second person, realized that the subscription was tied to one of those XM Connect things that looked like a fat SD card, and started rambling off a list of the few other devices that were compatible to try to sell me on something else. They all failed to realize that I was essentially doing a receiver swap, since the companies were the same but the billing systems weren't. I made sure to notate the cancellation number then I proceeded to activate the new Sirius subscription online.

I didn't call back for years after that. The next and last time I called was to see if there were any specials. When I got my new [to me] car, the subscription was still active from the previous owner. It remained active for months, and then my free ride ended. When I called up to see about the various 3/6/12 month specials everyone seems to get, they told me there was nothing they could do.

Reactions: reddice
Just try to cancel your service!. They read a specific canned script to save the customer routine and it was hard to understand the overseas csr. It took forever for them to cancel my service, it was equivalent to sitting on hold for 3 hours listening to muzak hold music for another company. I get the 6month for $30 or now a new 6month for $25 promo before fees and taxes at least 3 times a month in the mail. I called and was able to get the 6mo for $30 for my Mom's built in XM receiver in her Escape. She never had time to listen since most of her trips were short so paying full price monthly was a waste of money. When that promo ends will call again and see if they will renew it at that price.

Just try to cancel your service!. They read a specific canned script to save the customer routine and it was hard to understand the overseas csr. It took forever for them to cancel my service, it was equivalent to sitting on hold for 3 hours listening to muzak hold music for another company. I get the 6month for $30 or now a new 6month for $25 promo before fees and taxes at least 3 times a month in the mail. I called and was able to get the 6mo for $30 for my Mom's built in XM receiver in her Escape. She never had time to listen since most of her trips were short so paying full price monthly was a waste of money. When that promo ends will call again and see if they will renew it at that price.

It's easier just to cancel your credit card and stop paying the bill

It's easier just to cancel your credit card and stop paying the bill
You do realize that you are still responsible for paying the bill if you don't cancel service don''t you. Yes, you can cancel your credit card and not pay the bill but your credit rating can and will fall and you could be sued. I'm convinced that I would never want to do business with you. You are as bad as you purport Dish to be.... Just my opinion.

You do realize that you are still responsible for paying the bill if you don't cancel service don''t you. Yes, you can cancel your credit card and not pay the bill but your credit rating can and will fall and you could be sued. I'm convinced that I would never want to do business with you. You are as bad as you purport Dish to be.... Just my opinion.
They should enable the web interface to allow online cancellation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the SatelliteGuys app!

They should enable the web interface to allow online cancellation.

You might note that any service you have requires a phone call to cancel. You might also note that each and every one of those phones calls begin with a recording of "these calls may be monitored and recorded to ensure good service." What that actually means is that they record your voice saying that you want to cancel. That recording is time stamped as well. The ability to cancel a service via the web allows my ability to cancel your service if I happen to have your login information.....

Yea.

So don't pay the bill they shut it off for non-payment.

Then a month later they send you a final bill in the mail which you can send them a check or money order.

FYI Dish is and always will be far worse than I'll ever be

You might note that any service you have requires a phone call to cancel. You might also note that each and every one of those phones calls begin with a recording of "these calls may be monitored and recorded to ensure good service." What that actually means is that they record your voice saying that you want to cancel. That recording is time stamped as well. The ability to cancel a service via the web allows my ability to cancel your service if I happen to have your login information.....
How often is that really a problem? Some hacker will turn off my radios? I would think they would be more inclined to add their stolen radio to my account which would be easy to do on the sxm site.

A year ago or so I wanted to cancel a radio, finally agreed to Suspend service on that radio, because they would not cancel ....
I told them as long as I am not paying on it, I don't care.
Well I called in recently about my other radio's for something ....
Now when I call in, I make sure I can get into my account out and able to listen online as well (the other person in the family does the online listening at work)
EVERYTIME I Hang Up With Them the Online NEVER WORKS ...

Anyways while I'm looking thru my account, I see the 3rd radio account number, so I looked at it and next to it was something I've Never seen before . A line that said
Remove this radio from Account.

So I did as soon as the transaction I called for was done.

So I guess that's another way to turn Off a radio.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts