Is there ANY use for a DishPlayer 7100?

OK, here's a question before I kill the drive.

I still have TV shows recorded, but it will only allow me to watch 10 minutes of each show. Any way around that? There's a few I wouldn't mind watching before I nuke it.

Remember when they used to have typewriter toss have a 7100 toss see how you and buddys can toss it. With the small hard drive it has why bother.

the 7100 / 7200 was a very stable hardware box. I NEVER had to RMA even once. Other than replacing hard drives, and happily larger ones never a hardware failure

Too bad the software wasnt stable at all:(

are there still some in use today?

I sold mine for big bucks to what was no doubt a hacker in canada, on insider info that the dishplayers days were numbered. shortly thereafter E announced they were being swapped out.

I replaced the dishplayers with a 721 the biggest piece of junk E ever built, with tuner failures, software with no limits, crap software and at the end a 7 minute reboot time. I gave it away just to be rid of it!!

my 522s / 625s were very stable and I upgraded to larger hard drives.

my favorite box was the legacy dishplayer a amazing box

MY GOD! I replaced about 5 of those dishplayers in a row at $14.95 shipping each time, before I said take it back and give me a regular receiver. I loved the original interface but the fight between Microsoft and DISH ruined the software in the box making it non usable for everyday recordings. It was my first dvr too. Have had just about all of them since then, except for the 612 model , which I have heard bad things about.

The 922 is becoming just about as much fun as my old 921 was. I have disappearing recordings that are really starting to bug me. My 922 said it recorded Csi but it wasn't on the hard drive. Good thing I backed up my recordings for CBS on my DISH pal plus dvr for ota or I wouldn't of seen it at all this week.

OK, here's a question before I kill the drive.

I still have TV shows recorded, but it will only allow me to watch 10 minutes of each show. Any way around that? There's a few I wouldn't mind watching before I nuke it.

DishRip if it still works. Haven't tried it in a couple of years now.

Isn't there some good hackery to be done, e.g. to turn it into a nice FTA DVR?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts