Is there any way to lock the settings of H/HR24 equipment?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NathanR

Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Florida
I would like to know if there is a way to prevent the settings from being changed, and DVR shows from being deleted (besides ripping out the MENU, and LIST buttons out of the remote). Thanks

You can keep shows from being deleted. There is a setting in the menu for it. Go you your play list and bring up the show you want to keep. On the left enter keep, then highlight the keep until menu and change it to keep until I delete.

but Chip I think that is exactly the OP's issue. Someone is going in and "authorizing" / performing the deletions; to the receiver the "keep until I delete" is being observed; at least that how I read it. I see no way to password / parental lock that part of the menu for only an ADMIN's use; which would be nice. If I misread the OP's issue; then my bad.

You could very well be right, I just wanted to be sure the op knew how to set the keep until I delete option.

You are 100% correct sir.

but Chip I think that is exactly the OP's issue. Someone is going in and "authorizing" / performing the deletions; to the receiver the "keep until I delete" is being observed; at least that how I read it. I see no way to password / parental lock that part of the menu for only an ADMIN's use; which would be nice. If I misread the OP's issue; then my bad.

Well then it's time to have a little chat with the delete-aholic! It sounds as if there are some issues here! :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)