Is there any way to remove channels from "Channels I Get"?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keekz804

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Earth
I'm a new Directv customer coming over from Comcast cable and so far am enjoying the switch. The one difference is the Guide/Navigation in the menu is pretty extensive and there are tons of channels.

I managed to "show" only the channels I get but there are still some listed here that I don't get such as MLB, MLBaHD, keep in mind I only have the Entertainment package. I want to know if there is any way I can remove some of these channels I don't get (along with some infomercial channels)? Are people making custom lists here?

It'd be nice if I had a top of the line package where I can flip through and get every channel but with a smaller package surfing is a bit annoying...especially given the lag between channels. I appreciate any tips given or general advice.

Last edited:
You have to make a custom list.. and even then its annoying/stupid.. you can tell it to pre-populate your custom list with channels you get (or maybe it says subscribe to).. but in annoying/insulting up-sell fashion they include channels you don't currently subscribe to, but golly gee, could upgrade to.... very annoying IMO...

Yeah, you can make a note of the channels-you-(don't really)-get, start a Custom by check marking the box for channels you get, then retract.
Alternatively, have a list for channels you want, probably if you'd like to cut out a lot of channels from the guide. Start an empty Custom & fill it in individually.

You could wing a list like that.

You'd think a Channels I Get list would be more legit. Something like every 600 channel sarcastically shows for me bc I don't have sports with my package

You should also be able to sort channels by category, if that helps. With that you might be able to set the categories to come up when you hit Guide

Last edited:
You can also hit the up button on a channel you like. It will ask you to hit the green button if you want to add it. This gives you a short cut to up to eight channels. I found this easier to deal with.

Thanks guys, the only thing is if there are new channel additions ill miss out on them :(

When there are new channels, they are usually announced in the "messages" part of the info bar. If you get the new channel, manually type in the channel number of the new channel. When it tunes there, right-arrow over to the favorites tab and press select. Then, down-arrown down to the "add to (your list name)" area and it will appear in your custom list. It is easier than I made it sound here.

I'm a newby on DTV from Dish for over 10 years and Dish has one up on DTV in this regard. I agree with the original poster that there should be a way to ONLY show what you subscribed to but there isn't. Since companies only do things with profits in mind they probably have documented proof that this adds more new channels to their existing customers than doing it Dish's way which I prefered big time.

When I had Time Warner, you couldn't edit the guide at all. It was all or nothing. Everything appeared in the guide... international channels, SD and HD of the same channels, some channels mapped several times in the order (fox was channel 8, 125, and 1125 HD... Discovery was 27, 250, and 1250 HD), repeats of on-demand over and over, etc. It was such a pain, that i rarely used it. The Directv guide is a true gem compared to that!

When I had Time Warner, you couldn't edit the guide at all. It was all or nothing. Everything appeared in the guide... international channels, SD and HD of the same channels, some channels mapped several times in the order (fox was channel 8, 125, and 1125 HD... Discovery was 27, 250, and 1250 HD), repeats of on-demand over and over, etc. It was such a pain, that i rarely used it. The Directv guide is a true gem compared to that!
It is, since this original thread by me I have made a "custom" list as suggested with only channels I'm getting now and it's great. I'm able to cut out all the paid advertised infomercial channels, as well as religion channels. It is now to my liking local HD/SD/HD/the premium channels I'm getting for free and my NBA LP channels. ;)

I just hope I catch any new ones that might pop up otherwise I'd miss out:rant:

Custom list is a must. Once you have that organized you'll have better use of the filters when you press the guide button twice. it's a feature I rarely use but it works well.

It is, since this original thread by me I have made a "custom" list as suggested with only channels I'm getting now and it's great. I'm able to cut out all the paid advertised infomercial channels, as well as religion channels. It is now to my liking local HD/SD/HD/the premium channels I'm getting for free and my NBA LP channels. ;)

I just hope I catch any new ones that might pop up otherwise I'd miss out:rant:

Keekz,
I think when new channels get added they will show up in your guide automatically as well as the Message board will come up and tell you about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts