R15 sd dvr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnny58259

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
My girlfriend brought her dvr over she stays with me some now so is there anyway to get her r15 dvr to work with swim technology or will I have to put up a round dish

My girlfriend brought her dvr over she stays with me some now so is there anyway to get her r15 dvr to work with swim technology or will I have to put up a round dish

R15 is pretty old, I would look at the back and see what it says next to the Sat Inputs, usually it is labelled SWM if it is capable.

The r15 isn't swm compatible. Two cables will need to be run from a phase 3 dish or an 18" dish that has an lnb with two outputs. If the current swm is the type that has an external swm switch, two cables will have to be run from two of the legacy ports found on the side of the switch. If the dish has a swm lnb, the kind with only one output, you will have to change the lnb to a four output type, add an external swm switch, run four cables from the lnb to the switch and run the two cables from the legacy ports to the receiver.

Last edited:
That is allot of work I think I'll try her other receiver I think she has a d12 I'm not sure tho I know it's not dvr but. Which receivers standard are compatable with swim technology

johnny58259 said:
That is allot of work I think I'll try her other receiver I think she has a d12 I'm not sure tho I know it's not dvr but. Which receivers standard are compatable with swim technology

D-12's are the only SWM standards that will work without a legacy port

Iceberg said:
I thought a R16 (SD DVR) could work on SWM too?

16 and R22 will both work but hes talking about a normal standard receiver not a dvr. He already knows his R15 wont work

Ok I got her d12 here now it's saying searching for satellite signal it's set up for standard round dish so how do u get menus to come up

you need to do the sat setup again

menu
settings/favorites then
settings
down to satellite
then redo satellite setup

I dont know if the D12 automatically does it but if not select SWM3 or SWM5 (depending on LNB)

Problem is it won't let me pull up menu I've reset and it allways gets stuck on searching for satellite signal

I lost track, the recvr your trying to install, are you setting it up SWM or not ?

If it is SWM, do you have the Power Inserter plugged in and the coax running to it ?

Was this recvr on a SWM at your other location ?

johnny58259 said:
Problem is it won't let me pull up menu I've reset and it allways gets stuck on searching for satellite signal

Once the searching for signal comes up hit exit on the remote then follow icebergs directions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)